Why become a member? ×

RIP Jack Bruce

nick

[quote name='Russ' timestamp='1414252265' post='2587549']
Only ever got to see him once, with BBM at Brixton back in '93 or so. Great show. To be honest, I loved his voice more than his bass playing, although he did play a mean bass. Only Ginger left out of those three now.
[/quote]

Stupid remark removed

Edited by Oldman

I still struggle with Born under a Bad Sign singing and playing. An inspiration to me from Graham Bond days when I saw him twice at Chester Quaintways playing his Fender Six string which at my stage of competence ( non existent ) and age (16) seemed amazing, still does.

RIP Big Man

Edited by Oldman

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1414257296' post='2587656']

The referenced BBM of whom only Mr Baker survives was a short-lived combo comprising Messrs Bruce[sup][size=3][b]+[/b][/size][/sup], Baker and (Gary) Moore[sup][b]+[/b][/sup].
[/quote]

Oops, I read the post but failed miserably to pick up on the BBM

[b][size=3][color=#FFA500][font=verdana, sans-serif]RIP Jack a rock legend has passed today, the bass world just got a little less rock to, The Cream were the classic all round power trio for me, this is a bit of a shock.[/font][/color][/size][/b]

Edited by Lynottfan