Why become a member? ×

Ampeg SVP-BSP Billy Sheehan dual channel clean/distortion (valve) preamp WITHDRAWN
£450

Dood

Manual and description here: [url="http://www.ampeg.com/manuals/svp-bsp.pdf"]http://www.ampeg.com...als/svp-bsp.pdf[/url]

[size=6][b]£285 COLLECTED [/b][/size]

RARE Dual channel bass preamplifier that allows either a clean valve channel on it's own or a high gain distortion sound on it's own or a mixture of both for a massive fat distorted bass sound. It has a boost gain stage as well taking you from a light crunch to almost endless sustain. The channels are foot switchable and there is an effects loop for each channel as well as the ability to send each output to separate amplifiers or just the one.

I've upgraded the valve to a JJ premium model that is in my opinion an improvement in tone.

I've always had this preamp racked up and it is in extremely good condition for it's age. There's a couple of scratches on top where it has been slid out of a rack and a little rack rash around the mounting screw holes but both are completely hidden when rack mounted.

Racked picture to follow shortly.. Price includes UK insured shipping. Edited by dood

[attachment=174767:EdenAndBSP.JPG]

Here's my preamp in the rack with the Eden head also for sale. They were kept in this set up for storage. I'm keeping the TC and probably the rack case too.

*edit - I've no idea why it is upside down! I CAN operate a camera lol!

Thanks so much James! I really should keep it, but you know how GAS is! - Sadly until money grows on trees, I have to think about what must leave the stable before new kit comes in. Given that these preamps are really rare and a lot of them have seen better days (though I've seen one or two good ones on BC in the past) I think this one is a bargain to be had. I will listen to any offers though.

Thanks for the endorsement James! Ive yet to find a distortion preamp I like better - well, maybe there's one I'd like to own!

This one however will free up funds for a new purchase.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1414767770' post='2593137']
Thanks for the endorsement James! Ive yet to find a distortion preamp I like better - well, maybe there's one I'd like to own!

This one however will free up funds for a new purchase.
[/quote]

Agreed, its a great little pre-amp. Definitely got that Ampeg throaty tone.

What's the new purchase?

I wish it were a single purchase actually ha! Thinking about it, I've a number of items on my GAS list - I guess it'd be whatever gets to me first. New bass, new pedal, new pickups.. the list is long! The main thing for me this year is shrinking my rig for a new band. I think a new bass will be up first.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1414792295' post='2593460']
So as you're downsizing Dan, does this mean fewer strings..? :D
[/quote]

Well, I bought my first 5 string ever last month and I've my eye on another!!! so yes! I know! crazy huh? - Oh but both my 6 and 7 got an upgrade recent too, so they're still very much in active service. ;o)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1414793605' post='2593484']
Well, I bought my first 5 string ever last month and I've my eye on another!!! so yes! I know! crazy huh? - Oh but both my 6 and 7 got an upgrade recent too, so they're still very much in active service. ;o)
[/quote]

I bet its a Shuker haha!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1414797101' post='2593537']
Woo! Zen-type minimalism! No, wait... you should stick to just one bass...
[/quote]

I should have learned my lesson by now yes.. but you know... so many basses, so little time!

[quote name='JamesTun' timestamp='1414797584' post='2593543']
I bet its a Shuker haha!
[/quote]

I would dearly love to commission another Shuker build!

Anyway, back to the advert. Would love to see this one go off to a good home soon!

Hey matey! Thank you for the kind words and indeed a good point well made! It isn't just for doing Sheehan impressions. Actually a very versatile preamp that can go from a mild grit and bite to warm mids all the way through Darkglass territory and actually well beyond in to hyper gain modes for Muse impressions.

EQ on both clean and dirty channels give you ultimate sculpting ability before combining the two for a big fat bass tone. Not many pedals are capable of doing this. You can also send the dirty signal to a separate amplifier if you like for bi-amping. There's DI outputs that I've never needed an effects loop for each channel too!!

Channels are foot switchable.

Valve driven preamplifier.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a lot of soul searching I have decided that I will indeed sell this two channel preamplifier. I know of a BSP that sold in the last week or so for £475 so I am happy to advertise at £450. This unit is in great condition - looks superb from the front, but it does have the odd scratches where it has been in and out of racks in it's life time. The valve inside has been upgraded to a drive/ low noise tested JJ ECC83 - I think it is an ECC83S, but don't quote me on that.

Shipping in the Uk included pending sourcing suitable packaging, pickup is strongly advised. Only because I find it difficult to trust couriers!

If you'd like more pictures, I can get them up online. it does however look like this:

Manual with details:
http://www.ampeg.com/manuals/svp-bsp.pdf

A very clean and well looked after machine, loved by me!

I'm possibly on the look out for a Fender PB70/Ash with a Maple fretboard.http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/pb70ash.html - Will get a few trade ideas together. Maybe a 62/VSP instead if funds will stretch.