Why become a member? ×

Two Zoom B3 questions that are totally baffling me!!

lefrash

..... And hopefully some of you kind dudes out there can help me!

Question 1: Tap tempo. I have a patch set up with delay. I tap the 'tap' button on the unit, it tells me the tempo im tapping and the button flashes at the tempo, but yet the Delay does not change in tempo. Furthermore I have a tap control button which does the exact same thing (after I've changed to tap tempo via the 'total' menu option) but again no change in the delay. The delay sound only is affected by the turning of the knob within the certain delay effect. Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to change it? Strangely though when i set the 'control in' to turn off and on the effect it works perfectly well, and it also changes the tempo of the drum machine, so that makes me think its an option I'm missing.

Question 2: Can I use the 'control in' to make one of the pitch effects to be used like a Boss harmoniser in its 'siren' function. As in, can I hold the button for the effect to swoop up an octave, and then depress it for the effect to swoop back down to the normal pitch. Imagine a police siren if pressed on and off. It seems pretty standard for a pich shifter to be able to so this, so I'm hoping its something similiar to what Im doing wrong with Q1 that is stopping me doing it with Q2.

Edited by lefrash

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1414352590' post='2588585']
..... And hopefully some of you kind dudes out there can help me!

Question 1: Tap tempo. I have a patch set up with delay. I tap the 'tap' button on the unit, it tells me the tempo im tapping and the button flashes at the tempo, but yet the Delay does not change in tempo. Furthermore I have a tap control button which does the exact same thing (after I've changed to tap tempo via the 'total' menu option) but again no change in the delay. The delay sound only is affected by the turning of the knob within the certain delay effect. Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do to change it? Strangely though when i set the 'control in' to turn off and on the effect it works perfectly well, and it also changes the tempo of the drum machine, so that makes me think its an option I'm missing.
[/quote]

Wind the time parameter all the way up and it changes from fixed time in ms to fractions of notes & will then adjust with the master tempo setting

[quote]
Question 2: Can I use the 'control in' to make one of the pitch effects to be used like a Boss harmoniser in its 'siren' function. As in, can I hold the button for the effect to swoop up an octave, and then depress it for the effect to swoop back down to the normal pitch. Imagine a police siren if pressed on and off. It seems pretty standard for a pich shifter to be able to so this, so I'm hoping its something similiar to what Im doing wrong with Q1 that is stopping me doing it with Q2.
[/quote]

You could use the PDL Pitch or PDL MnPit effects with an expression pedal, but I can't see a way of pre-programming a swoop to be activated by a button type footswitch.

I don't think you can connect an expression pedal and a tap switch at the same time, so if you were to use an expression pedal, I think you'd need flip into looper mode to use the tap tempo function, unless you get your B3 modded so that the tap button above the screen is duplicated on an external footswitch...