Why become a member? ×

October Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1414615088' post='2591471']
I only get in because I keep trying to kick the door down :D
[/quote]

Well at least it's the front door....
Most of us Bass players have to go in through the kitchen door......lol....

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1414615999' post='2591496']
Well at least it's the front door....
Most of us Bass players have go in through the kitchen door......lol....
[/quote]
[size=3][sharedmedia=core:attachments:142415][/size]
Door..? Is there an event going on..? What, a wedding..? Someone could have said...

Ça y est..! Once again, a prime crop to choose from, which never simplifies the task. I have, however, after giving each a fair run, decided on that which, imo, best suited the picture. So many differing interpretations; some even breaking the 'indus' mould to open up the possibilities even further. All in all, a great harvest for an inspiring painting. Who finally got my vote..? It's no secret, it went to ...

[spoiler] ... 'Octo', by alittlebitrobot..! A short piece, elegantly composed and executed, evoking aptly and in peace the regular pacing in the echoing hall, with a delicate resolution. Well done, that fellow.[/spoiler]

Felicitations, of course, to absolutely all of the entrants for sharing their various forms of genius (yes; no less..!) with us. Who will win this month, though..? Suspense again, it would seem. B)

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='the boy' timestamp='1414803350' post='2593596']
I'm having trouble picking one this month.
[/quote]

You and me both. I have enormous difficulty each and every month. I wouldn't like to imagine what would happen if five times as many BCers decided to 'have a go'..! Just think of all the embryonic compositions that we've missed..! On second thoughts, it's maybe just as well we don't have forty works to study..! :o[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1414701419' post='2592508']
Ça y est..! Once again, a prime crop to choose from, which never simplifies the task. I have, however, after giving each a fair run, decided on that which, imo, best suited the picture. So many differing interpretations; some even breaking the 'indus' mould to open up the possibilities even further. All in all, a great harvest for an inspiring painting. Who finally got my vote..? It's no secret, it went to ...

[spoiler] ... 'Octo', by alittlebitrobot..! A short piece, elegantly composed and executed, evoking aptly and in peace the regular pacing in the echoing hall, with a delicate resolution. Well done, that fellow.[/spoiler]

Felicitations, of course, to absolutely all of the entrants for sharing their various forms of genius (yes; no less..!) with us. Who will win this month, though..? Suspense again, it would seem. B)
[/quote]

[spoiler] whaaa..! Wow! Thanks!
I checked back here to see how it was going, not expecting a single vote. That's great. Thanks Dad3353 :) [/spoiler]

Edited by alittlebitrobot

[quote name='alittlebitrobot' timestamp='1414865784' post='2594171']
whaaa..! Wow! Thanks!
I checked back here to see how it was going, not expecting a single vote. That's great. Thanks Dad3353 :)
[/quote]

You certainly know how to keep a secret. :mellow:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4] :lol: :P[/size]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1414874131' post='2594325']
You certainly know how to keep a secret. :mellow:[/quote]

*ahem*
[spoiler] well, I've hidden it now. .....all I was saying was that I think you made a great choice ...whoever you voted for. I'm not saying who. :D [/spoiler]

Edited by alittlebitrobot

Some great stuff chaps (and chapettes).

Everything had something I liked but instantly there were some that sat very very well with my impression of the picture/sketch.
I guess the choice I made was mainly about the feel of the piece, as well as it's exquisite texture.

Thank you everyone - that was fun (but not easy to make a final choice!).

[color=#0000ff]P.S. I'll have to explore some of the preceding competitions - Seems I've been missing out on some very interesting music and sounds of an experimental nature. [/color]

[quote name='alittlebitrobot' timestamp='1414885025' post='2594450']
*ahem*
[spoiler] well, I've hidden it now. .....all I was saying was that I think you made a great choice ...whoever you voted for. I'm not saying who. :D [/spoiler]
[/quote]

Well, hey, then..! Yes, I would agree that I've got excellent taste and acumen when it comes to compositions in bass forums, so in that sense, thank you very much..! :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size][size=4] :lol:[/size]

[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]How to put on a brave face and see the positive in everything, Lesson 101...[/font][/size][/center]

[size=4]I can be proud and flattered that my modest work has (at the time of writing,at least...) been considered by the literate public as being of equal merit as that of Bilbo. That, in itself,is reward enough. :mellow: [/size]

[size=4]([i]I'm not certain, of course, that Bilbo reciprocates this point of view.[/i] :blush: )[/size]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1414934194' post='2594773']
[center][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]How to put on a brave face and see the positive in everything, Lesson 101...[/font][/size][/center]

[size=4]I can be proud and flattered that my modest work has (at the time of writing,at least...) been considered by the literate public as being of equal merit as that of Bilbo. That, in itself,is reward enough. :mellow: [/size]

[size=4]([i]I'm not certain, of course, that Bilbo reciprocates this point of view.[/i] :blush: )[/size]
[/quote]

Bizarrely mine took a turn at the first stage , when I inadvertently listened to your monologue and broke my first rule , I had a thought of a similar thing for my entry but had to rethink :D

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1414938948' post='2594833']
Bizarrely mine took a turn at the first stage , when I inadvertently listened to your monologue and broke my first rule , I had a thought of a similar thing for my entry but had to rethink :D
[/quote]

There, you see..? Even those that [i]do [/i]'listen to your monologue' admit to having done so [i]inadvertently[/i]. :(

Edited by Dad3353

It's proving to be a good one and still a few hours remaining.

I won't be there for the chequered flag at midnight - duty calls in the morning and I have an early start.

Whoever has the most votes when the clock strikes 12... well done and please message me with your choice of photo sometime tomorrow.

Cheers :)

[size=4]I'll be here, watching for Bilbo to come from behind and surprise us all. Our friend lurks has a slight lead on him, though, and could cost the bookies a fair wedge. We'll see; I only have to ...[/size][list=1]
[*][size=4]remain awake long enough, and ...[/size]
[*][size=4]not turn into a pumpkin upon hearing those shimmering chimes.[/size]
[/list]
[size=4]Back later...[/size]