Why become a member? ×

October Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[size=3][size=6]... and the winner is...[/size]

[size=8]Leonard Smalls..![/size]

[size=4]Well done, lad. Here is your Official Winner's Certificate (Download, then rename as .pdf...)[/size]

[attachment=175347:_BC_Chal_Cert_Octo_2014_Leon.pdf]

[size=4]...thus...[/size][/size]

[size=3][attachment=175348:_BC_Chal_Cert_Octo_2014_Leon.jpg][/size]

[size=3][size=4]Enjoy.[/size]

[size=4]Now the boring administrative part. Could you kindly choose a picture for next month, and send it by PM to Skol303, please..? The next month's Challenge awaits your choice with bated breath. Thanks in advance.[/size]

[size=4]Again, congratulations, and well done, all the runners-up.[/size]
[size=4]Onward and upward..![/size][/size]

Great stuff - I agree totally with Dad3353 - All the pieces were worthy of the top spot, but with such strong entries it will always come down to a handful of favourites.

Well done to everyone, Thanks for making the effort and sharing your creations. I hope each of you had as much fun making them as I had listening & reflecting on them.
Congratulations Leonard Smalls! You've earned it!

Congratulations to a well deserved winner, Mr. Smalls!
I must admit I hoped for a first-timer's sympathy vote or two, but never expected this level of sympathy, even from Basschat! Thanks a lot to the eight kind souls that voted for my little piece, thereby inspiring me to have another go. Not sure about November though, a busy month ahead, but I'll sure give it a try!

a.

[quote name='alibabu' timestamp='1414996200' post='2595359']...I must admit I hoped for a first-timer's sympathy vote or two...[/quote]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:147744]
This is Basschat, not Mumsnet..! :lol:[size=4] [/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1415002145' post='2595393']
{Hollywood mode]I'd like to thank my manager, M Ableton, everybody who voted for me and my ma and pa {breaks down in tears}[/Hollywood mode]

Cheers all - I've PMed a pic to Skol... It's called "The Last Days of Disco"
:o
[/quote]

Got it! And well done :)

I'm traveling for most of today, but I'll set up November's challenge as soon as I get settled.

Again, congratulations and also a hearty applause to everyone else who got stuck in. Sterling work all round.

Cheers!

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1415036601' post='2595952']
Sheesh! I got more votes for my duck picture than I did for my music!!
[/quote]

OK, Bilbo, here's the deal. November's Challenge, irrespective of any other entrants, I vote for yours and you vote for mine. That way we get at least 1 vote each..! Wadya say, eh..? A deal..? Huh..? Do we have a deal..? Huh..? Wadya say..? :happy:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4][quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1415094088' post='2596511']
Is that gerrymandering? Or just plain corrupt? :lol:
[/quote]

Well, seeing as how the composition and execution of first-rate musical pieces doesn't seem to inflame the hearts and minds of even the smallest numbers of BC voters, I'd have to reply...

... Both..! :ph34r:

Whatever. Down to brass tacks. What do we have, with or without evidence, to use in a concerted smear attack on our rivals..? Photos would be good, as I have Photoshop for 'enhancement'. I also have a decent supply of brown envelopes for any cash payments we may be able to pull off. I'm considering a partnership with the Daily Mail, as it seems to be read avidly by many here, although I'm not sure that those composing are in that audience. Any other leads..? Don't be afraid to call upon inspiration from the main political parties, as we can all learn from the masters of these black arts.
We can beat them, I'm sure. We only have to be as good at ruse as we are at music. :happy:[/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1415225823' post='2598250']
Count me in....

A one, a two, a one, two, three, four
[/quote]

[size=3][size=4][i]Shoo[/i] shoopy [i]shoo[/i] shoopy shoopy shoopy [i]shoo[/i] pah pap pah [/size][/size]
[size=3][size=4][i]Shoo[/i] shoopy [i]shoo[/i] pah pap pah shoopy shoopy shoopy [i]shoo[/i] pah[/size][/size]
[size=3][size=4]...[/size][/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1415226707' post='2598270']
[size=3][size=4][i]Shoo[/i] shoopy [i]shoo[/i] shoopy shoopy shoopy [i]shoo[/i] pah pap pah [/size][/size]
[size=3][size=4][i]Shoo[/i] shoopy [i]shoo[/i] pah pap pah shoopy shoopy shoopy [i]shoo[/i] pah[/size][/size]
[/quote]

DOH , i'll have to write a new chorus for my November one now , I inadvertently read yours ..........again :rolleyes:

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1415227035' post='2598277']
DOH , i'll have to write a new chorus for my November one now , I inadvertently read yours ..........again :rolleyes:
[/quote]

:lol:[size=4] I didn't know that you could read so well for drums..! Well done..![/size]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1415226707' post='2598270']
[/quote]

Oh come on mate......is that called for?
There are kids on this forum!