Why become a member? ×

The end of the line for the Innovation subforum

daflewis

Hi Everyone,

It's a little sad, but things have definitely got a lot quieter in the past year so it's been decided that, for now at least, the subforum has run its course...

I'm going to lock the string trials threads and let them run to their natural conclusion, but I'll leave it a day or so, so if anyone's been thinking of signing up you still have a chance... :) and I'll still be lurking around if anyone has any questions - (I was a member of Basschat way before the whole Innovation thing anyway :) )

There's a small part of me that's relieved - it'll be nice to have a bit more time to practice!... The string trials in particular took a lot more work than I was expecting, but I do hope they were a useful resource for people; and the reviews that people wrote will continue to be of use to others considering trying Innovation, so thank you to all for those.

The threads are going to be incorporated into the main EUB/Double bass section, so I'll see you in there!

Cheers,
Daf :)

Daf, likewise, one of my bands has folded, and another, even though I got some gigs in the last couple of months for military unit reunions and such, has decided to go with their old bass player who was thinking of quitting, then changed his mind. So I don't do enough gigs now to warrant a string trial. So if I am signed up for any string trials, like the new hybrid set, please cancel my requests and send them to the next person in line instead. Thanks for all you do on this forum and otherwise to help other double bass players.

• 2 weeks later...

Just echoing what the others have said too Daf
I didn't actually partake of the trial myself
- I just went ahead & bought some silver slaps from what others had recommended
But it was a great idea

Cheers for setting it up in the first place
and thanks for your help & advice too

best
Marc

Daf .. you've done an outstanding job.

I, like many many others, got to try out lots of different string types. I would never have afforded to buy sting set after string set.. so I thank you.

Your a star.... and one of the nicest people I have ever met B) B)