Why become a member? ×

OLP MM2 Stingray - active + Basslines pickup £180 *** SOLD ***
£180

mcnach

Here's the last of my OLPs...

Black body and maple neck/fingerboard, with black pickguard (I believe I may have a while one laying around, I'll check and if I find it I'll include it)

I replaced the pickup with a Seymour Duncan SMB4A Basslines, alnico, wired in parallel as in a Stingray. I also installed a 2-band EQ preamp, clone of the Stingray preamp, purchased by someone at this forum who was making them a while ago.

You can't get closer to the Stingray sound than this, at this price...

The body is not in pristine condition, it's seen some action and it's probably 15 years old or so, so it's got a few minor dings and marks, but it's generally in pretty good condition. The bass was set up by a luthier I know who does my guitars, nut was replaced, frets levelled and the edges of the fingerboard slightly rolled... it plays really nicely with lowish action.

Price includes delivery in the UK.

I can't link to the pictures right now, but I'll do it later... so watch this space :)

Comes with a gigbag.

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1414531398' post='2590419']
Is it Made in China, or Korea?
[/quote]

Ha! crucially the back of headstock picture is all blurry :rolleyes: I'll update it.
It's made in China, I'm pretty sure (I could go to the other room and check but... :P)
It's one of what I call "version 2". The first ones were mostly natural/maple and pretty heavy with chunky necks, and VTT controls. I had one, not nice. The second ones were better, with necks that were wide but shallow... overall a bit slimmer than modern Stingrays, and the more common VVT controls. They were mostly black, or silver or metallic blue. After this, the versions that came afterwards used the smaller kind of bridge and the slightly more angular bodies, and fancier tops.

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1414544245' post='2590602']
Ha! crucially the back of headstock picture is all blurry :rolleyes: I'll update it.
It's made in China, I'm pretty sure (I could go to the other room and check but... :P)
It's one of what I call "version 2". The first ones were mostly natural/maple and pretty heavy with chunky necks, and VTT controls. I had one, not nice. The second ones were better, with necks that were wide but shallow... overall a bit slimmer than modern Stingrays, and the more common VVT controls. They were mostly black, or silver or metallic blue. After this, the versions that came afterwards used the smaller kind of bridge and the slightly more angular bodies, and fancier tops.
[/quote]

Ah! Yes, I've had a few "version 1"! :D They weren't active, and they weren't exactly pleasant. They sounded alright, but looked and felt... cheap.

Looks like a neck of similar quality to my Korean one!

Hmmm....