Why become a member? ×

Ashdown confusion

Kevin Dean

I have a Ashdown RH400 Head & a ABM NEO 2 x 10 cab . I recently ordered another ABM NEO 2 x10 cab & it arrived today , well it said Neo 2 x10 on the box but to me it looks just like the cab section of the Rootmaster 2 x10 combo ? A strap handle on the top & no bass ports at all . The supplier said they contacted Ashdown & they said it was their new design of the NEO cab ? It doesn't match the discription on their web site & I certainly wouldn't have purchased it .. plus I've just paid for a cover based the first one I bought . Has anyone had this happen ?I would like to know whats going on ?

As soon as I saw the strap handle & no ports I put it straight back in the box , It looks more like the rootmaster stuff ? Definately didn't have the look of quality of the one I bought a couple of months ago .It's being collected tommorow .

Edited by Kevin Dean

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1414481715' post='2589592']
That must be really annoying. The strap handles don't look anywhere near as good. Probably worth contacting Ashdown directly and asking if they can sort you out with a matching one.
[/quote] Lee has confirmed this is the new version :( looks like they have just used a Rootmaster cab & swapped speakers to me , to save on manufacturing . I'd like to know what happened about the comment that years of research had gone into these cabs ? If I can't match the old one the whole rig is going ....feeling pretty disappointed :(

As stated in my email sorry the cabs didn't match, the cab you received was from a run of sealed versions and a few people said they would prefer strap handles so we fitted those. I think we prefer the metal inset handles though so we will be going back to that. We have also said we will build you one the same as your existing cab so there's nothing to be disappointed by really...

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' timestamp='1414527823' post='2590353']
We have also said we will build you one the same as your existing cab so there's nothing to be disappointed by really...
[/quote]

You can't expect any more than that :)

• 3 months later...

[quote name='Ashdown Engineering' timestamp='1414527823' post='2590353']
As stated in my email sorry the cabs didn't match, the cab you received was from a run of sealed versions and a few people said they would prefer strap handles so we fitted those. I think we prefer the metal inset handles though so we will be going back to that. We have also said we will build you one the same as your existing cab so there's nothing to be disappointed by really...
[/quote] I've just found another one at GAK should be here on Tuesday .. thanks for the offer .

Because of my situation I was using another Rig , Then I had a break & had time to look into things , The one from GAK was very good price . Talking of Ashdown offering to make stuff , I'm thinking of asking them if they would make a head for me , a sort of cross between a JJB head & AMB 400 RH .