Why become a member? ×

Replacement Pots - Help! Is It Easier To Find A Unicorn?

Acebassmusic

Hi All,

I've been looking to replace the pots on one of my basses as they are getting worn / loose and probably ready to die after 20+ years of work! The bass is active with originally installed Bartolini pre-amp etc. I got a copy of the wiring diagram which shows the specs of the pots and I've check that with whats installed in the bass. All OK so far..... So I then try to source replacements using the usual known suppliers Maplin, RS, Allparts etc and find that I'm really struggling to get some of the items. My shopping list is:

Volume : 3/8" (9.5mm) diam. bushing, standard length, 25 K-ohm, audio / log taper
Blend / Pan : 3/8" (9.5mm) diam. bushing, standard length, 250 K-ohm, Dual MN taper with centre detent
Treble & Bass pots : 3/8" (9.5mm) diam. bushing, standard length, 500 K-ohm, audio / log taper with centre detent
Mid : 3/8" (9.5mm) diam. bushing, standard length, 50 K-ohm, audio / log taper with centre detent

I can get the vol & pan pretty easily but treble, mid and bass pots with centre detent seem to be elusive at the moment. Active basses with cut and boost are pretty common nowadays and similar pots would be used in audio equipment so my quest shouldnt be THIS hard! I've tried the parts suppliers in the pinned thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/248-recommended-spare-parts-suppliers-guidesdiagrams/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/248-recommended-spare-parts-suppliers-guidesdiagrams/[/url]

Can anyone advise where I should look or manufacturers I can contact? I would like to get good quality replacements so any brands to look out for or keep clear of would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike