Why become a member? ×

Quality Cables

lowlandtrees

• 5 weeks later...

all these makes are good, as well as VTG, evolution, ref labs, and good old whirlwind.
and for live and studio i have some of each,
but i have been well impressed with the livewires i have
all of the PROEL livewire leads i have ever got i have not had one go gown !
i only now buy livewire, sound great, thick, does not leave twists inside, no taxies, great value, lifetime guarantee.
im not sure where they are made now but all my old ones were made in Italy, and i still have the same 10
from when i got them years ago,
i have loads of the newer ones from 1m to 30m as sold in the yellow packets, and for the cash i cant fault them.
now i did get a few from ebay !!! and when you rub your nail over the print on the cable it comes off !!
so sent them back.
The jack plugs or the XLRs are not neutrik but are still good, certainly on cheaper leads you need the carefull with XLR esp female
as the copper/brass grip inside that connects the male pin once used a few times can splay open leaving a baggy fit and so crackling or even o/s.
the ones i have on the proel's are still good after all this time,
Very impressed with the VTG i have and the ref labs cable,info here...
[url="http://www.referencelaboratory.com/web/index.php?mod=list&view=lc&lang=en"]http://www.reference...view=lc&lang=en[/url]

Edited by funkgod