Why become a member? ×

Scotland's Peavey Population Explosion.

kodiakblair

Well not quite an explosion.

Before venturing to England for a few weeks I was lucky enough to be the winning bidder on a B-Ninety with Seymours.
So off I go and the seller tells me shipping's delayed as prices to box it are too high,then he goes off on business and
can't find the receipt.

A week pass and he's back with the receipt but it's stuck in Erlanger.No further info other than delivered there.Now I don't
want to start a case as it's not his fault,ebay's global shipping thing is meant to take care of everything.

But then today with no warning it was delivered, by Yodel of all things. No signatures or anything.

Who cares,this quite pretty,well played bass arrived. Plenty dinks here and there and a crack over the control cavity which
might explain why the jack has been moved. And this thing Growls.

It also brings the Peavey count to 13 which sounds a good number to stop at.I know there's FEND3R's one for sale just now
so this might not be the end.

[attachment=174982:Peavey B 90 (2).jpg]

Any questions feel free to ask folks.

Just picked up a Peavey USA Millennium 5. Cleaned it up, awesome neck, great pickups, rather sparkly gold finish (which I am a little mixed on, but from a distance it's cool). Still deciding if I like the EQ points, but the sweepable mid is very cool indeed.

Just getting some new strings on it/do a final set up on it and get out and play on it. After that will report back. First indications....an excellent bass indeed, better balanced than my Modulus Q5, weighs less than my Q5, great great great neck. Nice spacing too. A serious contender for my main 5er for much less dosh than my Modulus...very impressive.

Pete

(Yes, I will post pics at some point.)

I had a G Bass 4 that I gigged for years when I was a student. Excellent bass; the single pickup limited it a little but I got a lot of mileage out of it. Great neck and sound. Loved it. Shouldn't have sold it, but GAS. Story of my life.

Tried an Indonesian Peavey Mill 5 AC BXP and thought it had a great feeling neck, good balance, light weight, and decent B for the money but needed proper luthier work to get it set up right and thought I could maybe snag a secondhand USA Peavey at some point for not a lot more cash.

Managed to snag a G Bass V earlier this year from the USA and thought it sounded great and had a wonderful feeling neck. However the graphite had weakened at the headstock and the headstock was starting to fold in on itself - rare defect I should think, but not one that the seller had let me know about. Returned it and got my cash back. Good sounding bass, balanced well, thin and comfy neck depth wise and also in terms of nut width. Have been looking out for one since but couldn't find one, then a friend was selling his Modulus Q5 cheap so I thought I'd go with that instead. Happy days...

...until....

Someone got in touch from Talkbass and said they had a USA Millennium 5 they were selling that was pristine (I had put an advert over that side a while back). Price was right, import duty acceptable, and waaay cheaper than the prices that Peavey UK were looking for on their eBay store. I mean, come on....they have a 4 string USA Millennium Plus for £950 right now. Great bass, but I assure you my 5er from the USA was significantly less. And, there's a nice sparkle gold USA Mill 4 on eBay right now for £350 shipped to the UK. THAT is a steal if you want a 4 banger, even after import duty etc.

So, here's a photo of what I bought...[attachment=175126:728144_4d8046129d7f6778a09f1c637d5d8216.JPG]

I wonder if I can justify keeping the Millennium as well as the Modulus...

Pete that's a cracker. Real shame about the G bass V but if you got the refund no harm done and it let you get the Millennium.

I can't quite get my head around Peavey UK's pricing unless they're thinking like a certain other company " It's MIA let's add another £500 ". My 5
Peavey MIA's didn't cost more than £600 when totaled.The B-Ninety was $66,the Peavey case it shipped in should have cost more than that.If they
halved their prices it might be a different story.

No AT I'm not bidding on the T 40. FEND3R contacted me a while back about his bass and I was interested so I was committed when the T 40 came up
for auction.that and after the last fiasco with couriers I'd need to travel to Chelmsford. Be interesting to see what it goes for though.