Why become a member? ×

Bass Cab Covers

dazza14

This post was originally posted in 'Bass Guitars', oops! Wrong place so ignore that one... After walking the short distance from home to car and then car to practice carrying my bass cabs in the rain it started me thinking maybe I should get some rain covers for them, I mean I keep my guitar in a bag and my 'head' in a bag so why not the cabs? So I had a little look around, can't find any. I have two cabs, both Fender Rumble series - a 1x10 and a 2x8 - but they don't come with covers as standard and getting some made by lecover.com in USA is expensive. But a friends girlfriend is a little 'nifty with a needle' and she's offered to make me some bespoke, made to measure, built for purpose covers!!! Oh happy days, needless to say I've had to show her photo's and dimensions of said cabs, the cabs will be going for their first 'fitting' this weekend but i'll post some photos when they are made...

Have looked at the 'Roqsolid' website and although they have covers to fit my cabs, you're looking at £60 for the pair, that's waaaaaaay more than I wanted to pay, I think my mate will probably charge £10-£15 each because the material isn't expensive and a quick whizz around with a sewing machine does the trick.

That's actually a good price for 2 covers. I bought mine from Roqsolid for my combo. It was £40 6 years ago.
Customer service was excellent (from ordering to delivery I was kept updated & they even phoned to double check which piping I wanted) & it's still in excellent condition.

Yup, Roqsolid stuff is great!
They're a hell of a lot more than just a rain cover, hence the cost.
If all you want is to keep the water off, then you're best bet is going down the route you're already on, if you want to protect the cabs from bumps and scrapes too, then you need to spend a little more ;)

Eude