Why become a member? ×

High Quality Stacked Pot Jazz Bass SOLD,SOLD, SOLD
£160

2x18

Levin Jazz Bass --One of the last of my long scale basses and one of my favourites! --Only selling as I am only comfortable with Short scale basses these days!

It is in good condition with the expected marks from several years use, and comes with an old but serviceable Hard case.

This is as good as many Fender Japan and Mexico basses -- The build quality is good and more importantly it plays and sounds great!
I have installed a Fender Stacked pot control plate assembly for separate pickup Volume and Tone control.

Solid Ash body in Candy apple red, Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard, Custom Levin Jazz pickups and really good quality Gotoh Japan machine heads
Just been fitted with a new set of strings and you are welcome to come and try this beauty for yourself to see how good it is!

Bargain at £150.00 cash and collect!

Here is a link to the old ( Now defunct ) Levin website;

Will.

[url="http://www.levinguitars.com/bass-guitars.htm"]http://www.levinguit...ass-guitars.htm[/url]

[attachment=175039:IMG_1404.JPG][attachment=175040:IMG_1407.jpg][attachment=175041:IMG_1409.jpg][attachment=175042:IMG_1406.jpg]
[attachment=175043:IMG_1408.jpg][attachment=175044:IMG_1405.jpg][attachment=175045:IMG_1410.jpg][attachment=175046:IMG_1403.JPG]

[b][color=#FFFFFF]lid ash body [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]Maple [/color][/b][b][color=#FFFFFF]Solid ash body [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]Maple neck [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]Rosewood fingerboard [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]2 Levin custom jazz pick-ups [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]2 V & 1T[/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]Gotoh Japan machineheads[/color][/b]
[b][size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]Rosewood fingerboard [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]2 Levin custom jazz pick-ups [/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]2 V & 1T[/color]
[size=1][color=#FFFFFF]• [/color][/size][color=#FFFFFF]Gotoh Japan machineheads[/color][/b]

Edited by 2x18

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1415492444' post='2600961']
good bass this.
[/quote]

Thanks Luke --These are really fantastic quality Basses - I am amazed nobody has bothered to come and try it out!

Will.

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1415572691' post='2601675']
I'm tempted but alas to far from me !
[/quote] well if you did go to try it out you would go up to Will's music room/study, you'd see a pile of cabs and amps and loads of basses on the walls. Will seems to like big fat tones on a large selection of short scale basses, but also has a rather nice ricky... and then this- which just nails that classic jazz tone and after playing a load of his basses I went away thinking it was some high end custom jazz copy... turns out even with the stacked knobs he only wants £160 for it - which is pretty good.
I'ld have it myself if I had the $$

Had a request for under scratch plate photo's so here they are:

Will.

[attachment=176257:IMG_1411.JPG][attachment=176258:IMG_1412.JPG][attachment=176259:IMG_1413.JPG][attachment=176260:IMG_1414.JPG]

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1416314590' post='2608917']
Whereabouts in Leeds are you? I'm half tempted to come and take a look, even though I definitely don't need another bass, seeing as I can't actually play the three I already own. But I am in Leeds.
[/quote]

Hi You are more than welcome to come and try the Levin with no obligation --I live in LS15 Close to J46 of M1 North!

Will.

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1416905342' post='2614787']
Can't believe this hasn't sold looks great value. Are postage or trades an option?
[/quote]

Yes postage at cost is possible ---- and trade is also a possibility! ( but I am very selective! )

Will

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='spaners' timestamp='1418080546' post='2626776']
Thats a nice looking jazz you have there Will, just so happens im in a red fase at the mo lol. I still have that landing by the way. For any of you who havent delt with Will I can personaly vouch for his good bass taste.
[/quote]

Thanks for those kind words Steve! -- The Landing is still the best short scale I have ever played ( and amazing build quality too ) -- Just a shame I couldn't get on with the EMG pups!

Will.

• 2 weeks later...