Why become a member? ×

Acme Low B212

Owen

I have a single 12" Acme and it is like swimming in a pool of chocolate with it's yummy LF extension.

I would love a go on one of these

[url="http://www.acmebass.com/pdf/seriesIII212manwithcover.pdf"]http://www.acmebass....anwithcover.pdf[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

One speaker firing out of the front and one out of the back (presuming out of phase with the front one) and all ports firing out of the front. The guy who builds Audiokenisis cabs is very complementary about the concept here http://www.talkbass.com/threads/acme-2x12-prototype-test.890129/page-2/. I was playing through my 1x12" ACME yesterday and it is (for me) just so right. I would love the same but in bigger helpings :)

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1415563197' post='2601516']
One speaker firing out of the front and one out of the back (presuming out of phase with the front one)[/quote]That would result in their cancelling each other. They would have to be in phase/polarity. For best results the rear driver would have to be low-passed, probably around 250Hz, where the rear radiation pattern is omni-directional. Some will suggest that having the rear driver full range would give good dispersion, but the result would be severe comb-filtering, with the cab sounding different at every possible combination of both the cab placement and the listener position, as the front and the reflected rear waves meet at constantly shifting degrees of phase based on the wall distance and listening position.

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1415568061' post='2601590']
That would result in their cancelling each other. They would have to be in phase/polarity.
[/quote]

I would edit my original post to cover my stupidity but then your post would look odd, so I will leave it up so everyone can point and laugh at me. I only know which end of a soldering iron to use because one end is hotter than the other and it hurts when I get it wrong. Even then it is only to unsolder things. There is a reason I do not make anything apart from food.

I would still love to try one though, given that it is presumably the same vibe as my 1x12" but bigger.

Edited by owen

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1414707080' post='2592611']

I would love a go on one of these

[/quote]

So would I - your[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]1x12" ACME has spoiled me for proper deep bass extension, nothing else comes close :)[/size][/font][/color]

It is totally the bomb with my DB. It really delivers lush extension downwards. The air shifting heft is pretty addictive. It is great with the plank but DB is where it shines for me. Redstriper seemed to enjoy it with the plank.

Edited by owen