Why become a member? ×

PA sub with TC rig

Stealth

I was going to add a sub to my rig, but never did. I did use one a couple of times.
If you're wanting to get those low rumbles, then try some out & see if it's going to fit with your band.
My bands that I tried it in were an electronica band (the last band), a dubstep/rock band & a folk/americana/jazz/acoustic band.

Had I still played, I would have built myself a BFM Tuba, the extra low end fitted well with my bands' sounds.

Edited by xgsjx

I have built several multi band systems over the ears, and my favourite for playing solo bass guitar is a three way top, similar to a fearful, with a 1X18 sub; it is all driven by active crossovers and separate power amps. I built these for gratification and just because, .....If you are playing in a band with no PA support for instruments, (not uncommon) - this would work but in a band with a proper PA, you'd be best advised not to use a sub unless you know how to filter off the competing 'sub' frequencies. I use a 50Hz roll off and frankly I still prefer to bring out 1X18 sub sometimes, the overall sound is cleaner and the 12" driver is not strained as much. But I usually take a pair of 1X12 3 way or a 1X15 3 way, as my needs are for a bass guitar monitor, usually. Have also used a 4 band PA system, with no bass monitoring on stage, just in ears.

Edited by synaesthesia

• 4 weeks later...

Tried it it works for me !

We have the usual two box pub band PA albeit a decent 2000w Yamaha jobby so just vocals there. I run a pre DI from my RH450 combo to a small mixer then to a wharfdale Sub 12A (250w) Is sounds good to me teaking the sub is like having a kinda turbo bass boost the sounds not muddy just fuller you can feel and hear it. I also stick the Drummers Kick through a second channel that works to allowing me to add just a bit of "weight" to it.