Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1100

Shockwave

Hey guys.

Up for sale or trade is a Fender 1977 Precision bass.

Looks like an ash body, rosewood fingerboard, pretty lightweight considering most of the late 70s lumps I have played.

Has a lovely low action.

It is all original apart from the Schaller 3D bridge, brass nut and the Seymour Duncan SPB1 vintage pickup. This is an AMAZING sounding bass, I was ABing it between 20 other basses in the shop before I picked this one. Bags of growly tone. The tone control really does work well in this bass. It also comes with Dunlop strap pins, I will include the original pins with the sale. Also comes with a very beat-up non original hardcase.

The body, neck and frets have been played, it's obviously been gigged fairly regularly at some point.

The truss rod is A-OK with loads of available turns to tighten the rod (Not that it needs it).

I am looking to trade it out for either a maple fingerboard P bass of the same year, or part exchange for a cheaper bass plus money, only really looking for passive Fenders or active Musicman Stingrays, maybe some sort of 6 string bass that will lend itself well to Gospel funk, oddball 70's stuff will get me as well. Also looking for a cheapish combo, Maybe a TC BG series, want lightweight really.

UPDATE: Looking for £400 at least in any part exchange deal.

Must be as lovely a player as this.

The bass will be put up for trade at Wunjos on the weekend if I don't get a decent offer. So hurry!

[b]I will take a CASH price of £1000. [/b]Trade value is still at £1100.
I am based in London Wimbledon and would much prefer local pickup. I can travel a little way to do a deal.

Cheers.

Edited by Shockwave

Played this bass at the SE Bash yesterday, amazing bass, really good condition. Great tone and playability, really nice set-up and the weight - very reasonable indeed, my 78 weighs 10lbs and this one is a good way lighter than that. Anyone looking for a good 70s Precision should check this one out.

Blimey, that's lighter than my 1977 Telecaster electric guitar!

I used to have a lovely black 78 P Bass with an A neck that was that weight, they do exist from that period, they must have found an old stash of wood from a time before the cheaper heavier stuff?

Looks like a killer bass GLWTS.

Just another comment to say I played this at the SE bass bash too, and it was beautiful - extremely light! Was stupidly easy to play with beautifully low action. I hit the strings pretty hard so that's usually a problem for me, but with this it wasn't.

Do it :)

Bass will be going back to Wunjos on the weekend if I don't get an offer beforehand! Will accept part exs on lightweight cabs and combos. Maybe some Gospel funk basses such as, Yamaha TRBs, MTD's, as well as Fenders, Laklands, Musicmans etc. A Vigier Passion would be considered as part of a straight trade as well.

I will take a cash price of £1000, Trade value is still at £1100.

Edited by Shockwave