Why become a member? ×

close please no longer for sale
£75

Rabbie

I like these strings a lot but I have 2 sets and one of them is now surplus to requirement. I used this set for this year's outside festivals; I figured the tuning would be more stable than guts and I think I was right as they certainly kept their tuning in baking sunshine and night humidity alike. After all, it's only done 7 gigs and it has years of mileage still left on it. Thomann sells it for £136 plus postage, so half price £75 posted is more than fair I'd say (plus the good Clarky has just sold his set for the same price).
The gut-a-like deluxe set, much like Lamberts, offers roots players and slappers a delightful alternative to gut, which still makes you feel like you are playing professional strings as opposed to weedwackers which should be reserved for strimming your borders.
What makes these strings "deluxe" as opposed to regular gut-a-likes is that the G and D are 'roughened up' up and finished like old guts, whilst A and E are wrapped, making them
Much louder than regular weedwackers, but also retaining that big diameter.

Edited by Rabbie

I really need some new strings for my DB, but I'm a bit of a novice (in replacing strings, not in playing! :gas:)

Anyway... I have never played gut strings on a DB. I mostly play pizz stuff, but the bow does come out very occasionally. Are these strings not suitable for a bow?
How do they fit in a jazz setting?

Thanks for any info / insight you can offer...

Carl