Why become a member? ×

Sandberg California VM (TM) with Cocobolo top & LED's
£1200

Osiris

For sale, my trusty Sandberg California VM (now renamed as the TM).
I'm looking for a straight sale only, no trades thank you.

The bass has a stunning Cocobolo top with matching finish on the headstock.
There are also some nice sparkly blue Sims fitted LED's on the fretboard dots.
It has Delano pickups, the humbucker is coil tapped to add to the tonal flexibility. The pre-amp is a 3 band Glockenklang model. This combination of pups and pre offer a wide range of tones that have the warmth and character of a passive bass but with extra control. There is also active/passive switching too.

The bass has been regularly gigged but always looked after and is in excellent condition.
However there are some signs of wear - but no damage. There is slight wear above the neck pickup and another patch of wear towards the bottom horn where a previous owner obviously slapped the bass. This wear manifests itself as a shiny patch in the matt finish and is only noticeable under certain light and from a certain angle, it is no way way obvious at all times.
There is also a small, shallow scratch on the back of the neck. This is also minor but thought I'd mention it.
There are no other dings, dents or scratches and no buckle rash either.
The only other sign of use is that half of the Sandberg 'S' is missing from the headstock, it came off when I was once cleaning the bass!

Test drives are welcome if you are serious about buying, I'm just outside of Wellingborough in Northamptonshire.

I'd prefer not to post this if possible simply because of previous bad experience with couriers.
However if the buyer is willing to risk it then I'm happy to post!

In response to the last couple of posts, ideally I’m looking for a straight sale on this (I’m open to offers) as I have too many basses and this just isn’t getting the use it deserves.

Having said that, let me know what you have for trade – you never know.
My preference would for a P or P/J plus a chunk of cash my way. Or if you have a Sandberg VM4 / PM4 or VS4 I could also be tempted.

[quote name='okusman' timestamp='1417017460' post='2616181']
Any interest in my Spitfire?
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, it's certainly a good looking bass but it's not really what I'm looking for.
Good luck with the sale.

Edited by Osiris

Sorry, been holding out for a bit of luck, but it looks like I've been ripped off on Bumtree for £650 and PAINPal are currently distancing themselves.
Hence I am probably going to have to sell one of mine, so I'm sadly out.

Lovely bass, good luck with the sale.
Bump.