Why become a member? ×

Wall mounting your Dingwall AB1 5er?

Dood

Hey Dingwallians,

I've some very good wall mounting hangers for my basses but find that the 'hooks' that the headstock hangs on are too wide for my Dingwall. Yes, I could pull the thing down and find someone with a vice so I can bend the arms in, but I could use that hook for another bass. (Of course ha!)

What are you using to hang your 5 strings with that don't get in the way of the Dingwall tuners?

I'm a bit late to this one, but - Buy Hercules with confidence. We use them all the time. As long as they're properly secured onto the wall, they're great. They even come with a little lock these days, so you can lock it shut if you're concerned about anyone lifting it off the hanger :)

I've never had the fortune to put a 5er into one of their hangers, but their range is pretty large, so I'm confident they have something that accommodates a 5-string 'waller :)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1415475400' post='2600796']
Thanks everyone! Yup the new Hercules is now in the wall, secured. AB1 sits very nicely and the arms don't get in the way of the tuning keys.

Now... I have a spare hanger to fill....
[/quote]

They're really good, aren't they? :lol:

That's why we use them - They're very secure!