Why become a member? ×

Newbie Hello from South wales

Gomez68

[quote name='gelfin' timestamp='1418336006' post='2629402']
Hi Gomez. Welcome to the [s]fray [/s]Forum.

As Marc S mentioned I usually organise a bass bash in Cardiff every few months or so. It's an informal and relaxed occasion.
Keep an eye on the EVENTS topic near the top of the forum lists.

Where in Wales are you located?
[/quote]

[quote name='41.2Hz' timestamp='1418375753' post='2629616']

Hiya Gomez from another Cardiff bloke. I agree with Marc - if you've got any mates who play and are likely to be supportive, get together and make a bit of noise. That's where the joy of being a musician REALLY kicks in!

Don't be shy about asking what you might think are simple questions in the forums - we've all been there.
[/quote]

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1418381881' post='2629683']

I think taking lessons, and being very aware of how much you don't know is an awesomely good start, Gomez. People get into some very bad habits, and can get very disheartened, from trying to push their way through alone. Best of luck, you're starting from a good place.

There is no such things as a stupid (on-topic) question. Just ask, someone here will know for certain pretty much anything you'd want to know. Everyone was a newbie and beginner once.
[/quote]

Thank you so much that's a great comment you have made! Yeah I'm still at the very beginner steps I'm still all fingers and thumbs and losing my way on tab etc ha ! But I have a great teacher and I know I'm going the right way it may be a long road but I'm enjoying the journey ( cliched I know) thanks again !!