Why become a member? ×

Rush at their best?

xilddx

Maybe not the same night I was there then, thought the mix was dreadful for first 20-30 minutes until someone got their finger out. Good performance though, it was the first opportunity for me to see them live, I'd been unable to make the Signals tour due to college work.

• 1 month later...

Pointy head stocks, rolled up sleeves and the infamous Davy Crockett mullet. I wonder if the latter was down to a stylist, or one of the wives. Ahhhhhhhhhhh - the good old days. Great band and a good period for me - Signals is a great album, start to finish - and I sways liked Geddys Wals.

Impossible to say which period was best for rush IMHO.
I've seen then from the hold your fire tour , and every london tour since. Been a fan for many years before.
I would say that the r30 gig ,was the best I saw them. I would say that the Rio dvd , I s maybe the best. But I could change my mindin 5 mins.

I must say tho' that the best I've seen Alex solo, is on the analogue kid at the O2 a couple of years back.

I love these kinds of threads, as I'm entering my 32nd year of Rush being my favorite band, and by a wide margin. If not for Rush and Geddy it's doubtful that I would have ever touched a bass. And those guys still bring it.

[quote name='PJS' timestamp='1420324295' post='2648178']
I love these kinds of threads, as I'm entering my 32nd year of Rush being my favorite band, and by a wide margin. If not for Rush and Geddy it's doubtful that I would have ever touched a bass. And those guys still bring it.
[/quote]

I wonder how many people were inspired to get into Bass by Geddy.

I know I certainly was.

I was a huge Rush fan in the late 70's and 80's. Geddys intricate bass lines inspired me to pick up a bass in the first place. Signals was a disappointment for me and I stopped buying their albums from then on. Still immense musicians with unquestionable talent but, just a bit meh for me these days

Rush have always been my favourite band since my school days and I've seen them on every tour apart from one when I was working, but I went through a stage in the early 90's when I kind of lost track and stopped buying their albums. Then a few years ago, I downloaded their complete back catalogue and I was blown away by the material that I'd missed. All those years wasted, They had remained my favourite band, but I was living on their old albums and not progressing with them.
I think they are just getting better and better since they left the keyboard oriented sound and came back to their rock roots. I hope they go on for another 10 years.......R50?

I just don't get it with rush ? Always thought them overrated but to be fair I've never given them much of a go as I was turned off by what I had heard......
To those of you who are in the rush camp, please post a vid which you think will show me what they're all about.... Maybe you can show me what I'm missing ?

(A genuine request, not a dig :) )