Why become a member? ×

Planned visit to Darkglass Electronics

bjelkeman

In a few weeks I am going to visit Darkglass Electronics in Helsinki, Finland. I think I hardly need to introduce Darkglass to you, but they build awesome bass effects pedals and preamps. Doug, the founder of Darkglass invited me to their new workshop.

If you have any specific questions to Doug I'll share them and we'll see if we can't get answers. I will write a trip report with pictures, pretty much like the Mayones trip report I did earlier.

http://www.darkglass.com

[quote name='bassman344' timestamp='1415220835' post='2598141']
Ask him to bring out a pedal to save several settings like the tech21 deluxe BDDI.
That would make the vintage pedal perfect.
[/quote]

Yes. this. but a B3K version.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1415221228' post='2598153']
Excellent! Doug is a great guy and I would love to go down a visit his workshop, especially since they are all made in Finland again now :)
[/quote]

Oh, when did this happen, and how come?

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1415222394' post='2598181']
Yes. this. but a B3K version.

Oh, when did this happen, and how come?
[/quote]

Don't know the ins and outs, but only recently. Hence the new workshop :) It was when he released the Limited Edition Vintage Deluxe pedals. Few upgrades too, the switch is a lot more reliable now (I had 3 of the US ones fail on me) and the B3K now has a Attack Cut mode, rather than boost or flat :) And Duality now has a mirror facing!

• 2 weeks later...

You can ask him about the forthcoming internal active bass preamp! I asked over on TB if we would be seeing a retail version of the Darkglass preamp used in the new Dingwall NG2 bass. He said it's in the works and will be called the B2M - to which I warned him about the Sonuus B2M bass-to-MIDI converter! And to thank me for giving him the heads up on that, he's going to send me a t-shirt and one of the prototypes, what a dude!

Doug is a very cool guy. I remember ages ago contacting him regarding the B3K and becoming a Darkglass endorser!
I remember we spoke about a "new pedal" that was still in the works and finally became their Duality Fuzz.

I am really curious about the preamp and if there are any more pedals coming our way soon!