Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1415615252' post='2601931']
But surely, that would make him ruoferraC ettennogrouF ?
[/quote]
Hoist by my own petard, which was in fact Van/naV/Fourgonnette/ettennogrouF's working title for the "Contractual Obligation" album.

The Stan Ridgway hit 'Camouflage' was written as an homage to Al Green and James Brown.

Jimmy Page has at his home a large rubber plant. He has had this plant for many years and is very attached to it, and consequently he has humorously named the plant after someone he knows well -- to his knowledge he is the only person in the world to own a John Paul plant.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1415616851' post='2601940']

Hoist by my own petard, which was in fact Van/naV/Fourgonnette/ettennogrouF's working title for the "Contractual Obligation" album.
[/quote]

You are of course, again correct in your assertions regarding that album. However, I must point out that it was not released under his own name but under the pseudonym "Marmite Morrison" and I'm sure you are well aquainted with how the story of that came about involving a supermarket "own brand" item and a supposedly borrowed handbag makeup mirror.

In my opinion, This may have been responsible for the much used "you either love him or hate him" view.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1415618544' post='2601958']
You are of course, again correct in your assertions regarding that album. However, I must point out that it was not released under his own name but under the pseudonym "Marmite Morrison" and I'm sure you are well aquainted with how the story of that came about involving a supermarket "own brand" item and a supposedly borrowed handbag makeup mirror.

In my opinion, This may have been responsible for the much used "you either love him or hate him" view.
[/quote]

Actually, Van Morrison is Dutch and was persuaded by his manager to Anglicise (Irishise?) his birth name Willebord van Mohressohn .

[quote name='Earbrass' timestamp='1415619200' post='2601967']
King Crimson and Deep Purple merged to form Maroon 5.
[/quote]

Not all of Deep Purple mind, a couple of them split and became Simply Red and Blue.

Bilbo was the original bass player on Moondance.

Since David Bowie and Neil Diamond are getting mentions, let's remember the spat between them.

After Neil's libel lawyers failed to halt the release of Bowie's [i]Diamond Dogs[/i], he waited three decades for revenge, naming his 2005 album [i]Bowie Smells of Wee[/i]. However, he underestimated the strength of The Thin White Duke's legal team, and a last-minute injunction led to the album being hastily re-titled as [i]12 Songs[/i].

Lyricist Howard Greenfield was going through a period of writers' block at one time, and in a search for inspiration spent some time with a friend who was an eminent zoo-vet. Howard's lightbulb moment occurred one day when his friend picked up a particularly podgy [i]Priodontes maximus[/i]. "Wow" said the vet, "is this a weighty armadillo..!"

Prince recorded much of his fifth album at home on a shoestring, and intended to mark this by naming it after its budget of Twenty Dollars.

The album went on be Prince's most successful so far, and some of the credit must go to the executive at Warner Bros. who was adamant that the company follow a strict policy on psychological pricing, and renamed the album as 19.99.