Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429286385' post='2750084']
You may wish to look at post 1229....!
[/quote]

You meant, perhaps, 1230..? (... or is your mind [i]really [/i]slipping; no surprise, of course, seeing the enormous effort supplied so far... :hi: ). I can be a stickler for symmetry on occasions. :blush:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1429286881' post='2750098']
You meant, perhaps, 1230..? (... or is your mind [i]really [/i]slipping; no surprise, of course, seeing the enormous effort supplied so far... :hi: ). I can be a stickler for symmetry on occasions. :blush:
[/quote]

I'm sticking to my guns on this one , it's definitely 1229, 1230 is the Tiney Tempeh post.... Anyway, you can't just flip my [s]joke[/s] post and call it yours, ..........can you?

Just to clarify, this is post #1236

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429287392' post='2750101']
I'm sticking to my guns on this one , it's definitely 1229, 1230 is the Tiney Tempeh post.... Anyway, you can't just flip my [s]joke[/s] post and call it yours, ..........can you?

Just to clarify, this is post #1236
[/quote]

(Sorry, folks, just a little sorting out between YFS and myself; normal service will be resumed as soon as [s]he caves in[/s] possible...).

This has gone beyond a flippin' joke. Here's what my browser shows me...

As you can see (I hope..!), your post is 1237. You've lost one somewhere. Have a look down the back of the settee, or behind the fridge; that's where they often slip away. If not, I'd suggest that you're infested with Borrowers.
Which tablets have you taken..? Not those pink ones again, I hope..? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1429288542' post='2750125']
(Sorry, folks, just a little sorting out between YFS and myself; normal service will be resumed as soon as [s]he caves in[/s] possible...).

This has gone beyond a flippin' joke. Here's what my browser shows me...

As you can see (I hope..!), your post is 1237. You've lost one somewhere. Have a look down the back of the settee, or behind the fridge; that's where they often slip away. If not, I'd suggest that you're infested with Borrowers.
Which tablets have you taken..? Not those pink ones again, I hope..? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

No, according to my browser your post is 1237..........

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1429289493' post='2750137']
No, according to my browser your post is 1237..........
[/quote]

Well I'll have to believe you (both...), then. What a flippin' lark, eh..? Maybe us Mods get an extra portion or something (would another Mod like to comment..?)..? OK, if there's a consensus that YFS's count is the 'reference' one, then 'Yes, I flipped your post'. I'm not ashamed; I'll do it again, given the opportunity. It was so good, it was just asking to be mirrored (see how I can suck up to someone in an attempt at appeasement..? Will it work..? We'll see..!).
In any case, I've learned not to rely on post counts..! Thanks, all; carry on...

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1429289914' post='2750144']
Contrary to popular belief, Cat Stevens is neither a cat, nor is his name Steven. Who'd have thought it, eh?
[/quote]
After famously converting to Islam, his brother followed suit. After rising through the ranks of Saudi nobility, he's now known as Sheik 'n Stevens.

I guess Mods have special counters, probably only go to 3..3 strikes and you're out? Just to show I am not going Gaga, here's a screen grab from my laptop showing the post number, admittedly not the easiest to read:
[attachment=189741:Untitled.png]

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1429442493' post='2751366']
Singer Marc Almond actually prefers Nutella on his morning toast.
[/quote]
He formed a duo with his brother, abandoning the nameThe Almond Brothers in favour of Soft Cell after a late night phone call from some irked southern rock band.