Why become a member? ×

Why Am I Losing Volume When I Combine Overdrive and Chorus?

blue

Phase issues only present themselves if the signal is split into two and one of them goes out of phase before they are recombined. I don't see any of that going on here unless you have either both pedals in the loop of a blender, or you are running them in the fx loop of an amp that puts the loop in parallel (like a Markbass).

have you tried changing the settings of the pedals and seeing if it happens over the whole range of sounds of the pedals, or only when the two specific settings that you like meet each other. you may find that the OD is altering your signal in an area where the chorus is then wanting to also change something and that means your signal is actually getting reduced. i don't know enough to use the technical terms, but first thing i'd check is if it happens throughout the whole range of the pedals or only on certain settings. if it is that only certain settings cause the drop, then just tweak them until you get a sound you like that doesn't cause a drop.