Why become a member? ×

tc electronic rs 112.....any good?

ebenezer

As the above title says, like the look of these cabs and wondered
what output is like compared to other 112 cabs of similar price etc.
I have heard treble is a little muted(but this suits me)
tc don't print any meaningful spec on any of their cabs !!!
I would be running two with a littlemark 2.

I can't answer the question, sorry, but very interested in the answers/advice hopefully forthcoming. I'm trying to decide between the TC and the Hartke Hydrive at the moment, for small gigs. I use a Markbass head as well.

Edited by Pembo

[quote name='Pembo' timestamp='1415310819' post='2599186']
I can't answer the question, sorry, but very interested in the answers/advice hopefully forthcoming. I'm trying to decide between the TC and the Hartke Hydrive at the moment, for small gigs. I use a Markbass head as well.
[/quote]

If you're thinking about a Hartke, I bought a Hydrive 112, for £284, on Thomann's website last week. A saving of about £60 compared with UK shops.

• 2 weeks later...

Had one... came in a rig deal along with an RS210... I rarely used the cab and eventually sold it, however from the few times I did gig it solo it sounded pretty good, I was using the RH450 head and they matched up well... tonally it was a bit 'boxier' than the 2x10 with more mids and less highs, but it was plenty loud and punchy and struck me that it would handle a surprisingly loud situation if required... the only other 1x12 I can compare it to was an Aguilar GS112 that I owned some years back... the TC was definately louder and more mid focused that the Aggie, but that wouldnt be hard :-)... overall a good little cab if 12s are your thang!

• 1 year later...
Guest gazzatriumph

I use mine for larger gigs to go with the RS210, sounds good to me, I did use it on its own for a very small pub gig and again it sounded great, I use a RH 750 amp. The RS112 are very cheap on Thomann where I got mine from, only around £180 half the UK price so you cant lose really.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using 2 of the 112s? I recently just got a rh450 and currently using a GK 410. Trouble is that is a bit heavy for me to lug around as I have a knackered knee. I thought if I got 2 of the 112s. I could use 1 in the places where I would have used the BG250 112 (which is everywhere), or 2 if I wanted a bit more level.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1452371559' post='2949403']
Has anyone tried using 2 of the 112s? I recently just got a rh450 and currently using a GK 410. Trouble is that is a bit heavy for me to lug around as I have a knackered knee. I thought if I got 2 of the 112s. I could use 1 in the places where I would have used the BG250 112 (which is everywhere), or 2 if I wanted a bit more level.
[/quote]
At the price Thomann are selling them for you could get three ;) , Ive used one 112 and it sounded good im guessing two would too and easy to carry around

Got one of the TC RS112's and A/B with my TC RS210, the 12 had a bit more mid presence with not quite as much bottom end BUT that isn't to say the 12 lacked bottom end (the 210 is a bigger cab) and a pair would be great. It does depend on what environment and the job expected of them but they are a good cab, especially at the Thomann price! ;)

Do you mean keeping the sound of the 410?

You [i]will[/i] sound different if you switch to 12's and you might even sound better.

I went from an Epifani 410 to 2 Berg 112's (and later to 3 112's) and it definitely was a move in the right direction for me.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='ebenezer' timestamp='1452601386' post='2951447']
Cheers for all the comments folks!....just bought two rs112s from thomann for the price of one in the uk
including shipping!....result me says.

may not be quite as good as a berg/aggie etc but what value!
[/quote]

I'm sure you will be happy with them, lets us know