Why become a member? ×

Hi Guys, newbie from Northants

Steve48

Hi All,
My name is Steve.
I have Been a guitarist for 30 years in many different local bands. The last one was for 9 years with an AC/DC tribute band (Rhythm Guitar).
Sold my guitar back line a few months back and decided to quit and concentrate watching my lad play (drummer) as he was becoming quite successful in his bands.
Anyway, I have since met up with a couple of guitarists that were looking for a bass player to join their Quo tribute band. I gave it some thought and here we are now a few months later loving the bass. I should have taking it up years ago!
I went out and bought myself an Ashdown Mag 300 rig. However after the first gig I realised I needed more head room so I have now got myself an Ashdown ABM 500 EVO 111 with a ABM 4x10 cab and a ABM 2x10 cab.
My next plan will be to upgrade my bass as I am currently playing a Squire precision, albeit a late 80's model therefore a bloody good guitar. However, a genuine Fender has to be my goal next.
Feel sure I will get some valuable info off this site from time to time.

Hi Steve,
I've played bass for years but have never been too into the technical side of amps etc just knew what I liked so this site has been fantastic. Really friendly and some extremely knowledgable members. If you like your bass then it may be ideal. I've spent a good few quid on basses, mainly USA Fenders, one 60's Gibson but right now I can't put down my battered 1994 made in Japan Fender Jazz so it may be finding just what you like over reputation.
All the best mate!