Why become a member? ×

WOOD & TRONICS QUINTESSENCE 4.***SOLD***
£975

bobpalt

Absolutely mint WOOD & TRONICS QUINTESSENCE with aftermarket hard case,

If you want something pretty unique this is the one to go for. As I understand it, W&T were developing a bolt on version of the EJ with the intention of eventually producing a bass made with all the care and quality of their normal range but at a lower price point. However, when the retail price topped £2,000 they must have realised that the market they were aiming for was not going to be met, so only manufactured 3 or 4 of them. I bought this from BassGear a couple of years ago for a good price, so can sell it for what is a pittance for such a brilliant, good looking and top quality instrument,

I have added a case, but hardly played the bass as I have given up gigging, so its in mint condition (to match its mint scratchplate!). Its not a light bass, but not a boat anchor either, and the tone and playability are superb.

Scale length: 34″
Stringing: Dunlop 040.060.080.100 St. Steel
Strings interspace at the bridge: 19mm At nut: 9mm
Neck: 3-piece Maple
Fretboard: Maple
Frets: 22, medium size
Position dots: Ebony
Body wood: Ash with contrast black veneer
Pickups: Kent Armstrong J-style split-coils in Ebony-topped wood covers
Tuners: Hipshot Ultralites – CHROME
Finish: Fine Satin over natural Ash
Bridge: Hipshot B-style – Chrome
Electronics: East SP-02 VOL+BLEND + BASS/HIGHS + PASSIVE TONE w. ACT/PASS push-pull switch)

As I don't play now no trades sorry, and as I really want to sell this quickly, one last reduction to the stupid price of £895!

[attachment=175873:P1000666.JPG]
[attachment=175874:P1000664.JPG]
[attachment=175875:P1000667.JPG]
[attachment=175876:P1000668.JPG]

NOW SOLD.

Edited by bobpalt

The plan was indeed to make a slightly lower priced range with some areas potentially outsourced like neck-shaping etc.

Only 4 were made and each was made as a 'show, bass to order by the main W&T guys with no lower priced options at all. Because they were such perfectionists it was realised that the aim to deliver something to the same high quality wasn't going to be possible at a significant enough price differential to the core range so the project was shelved.

I don't play bass any more and have just ordered a new motorhome, so need to move this on! As a result, I will try one price reduction to what is an incredible price for a wonderful, hand crafted bass like this of [size=4][b]£895[/b][/size]. That's it though, no more. If it doesn't sell it goes under the bed.

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1417096521' post='2617050']
Aarrgg! I really like this bass.
[/quote]

Not just saying this because I am selling, but its a real bargain and mint in every way. Open to (extremely reasonable and not silly) offers. Its a £2,000+ bass really.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...