Why become a member? ×

Nut replacement tips

Twincam

I have a affinity p bass that i had a nightmare with. I cut the nut too low then when going to put in a shim i snapped the nut in two places. Glued it and melted it back together looks horrible proper temp bodge job although it works and is at nearly the perfect height.

Ive ordered a new slotted graphtech nut, and i want to get it right the first time so any helpful adivce would be very welcome.

[quote name='thefyst' timestamp='1415555299' post='2601432']
is it a pre shaped nut that is just too tall?
[/quote]

Im, not sure. I think they come slightly wide and slightly tall. i will have to take the old nut off again trouble is i used superglue to hold it together and its probably gonna be a pain to take out. The bass was bought cheap for me to mess around with so im not bothered about trying my hand at repairs. i had a watchmaking file i could of cleaned up the slot with but its went missing.

Im actually thinking i may not bother replacing it. The bodge job is at a good height but looks very unsightly. Unless i relic the whole bass to match haha.