Why become a member? ×

Peavey Zodiac Wiring Colours

Thunderbird

[size=4]Hi all I have just picked up another Peavey Zodiac :) now the wiring in it is shot to sh*t I have just about got it sorted but what has thrown me a bit is that when I strip the plastic sleeve form the pick up wires I have some wire that was directly below the shielding and when I pull it back there a 4 smaller wires inside these are coloured Red, White Green and Black I have not seen this before and wiring is not my strongest subject lol so do I just use the small Black wire as a normal ground and the small White wire as the Hot and then just put a sleeve over the Red and Green wires so they are out of the way? but then what do I do with the wire that encases the 4 smaller coloured wires?I think am I missing something here[/size]

[size=4]Thanks in advance all :)[/size]

the wire around the coloured wires is likely to be sheilding....generally that just get soldered to a ground point

That sounds like a dual coil pickup? is it coming from some kind of humbucker?

have you got some photos might be able to help out a bit more if I can see what were working with.

TF

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1415570320' post='2601627']
It's for a guitar, but it's Peavey and the colours match what you've got...

[/quote] Thanks Ian will have a little play with that :) bit weird having 4 wires going to one pup bloody peavey lol I am wondering if I just use the red and black and ignore the other colours maybe it is just a generic wiring loom they put in to everything to save money? will have a play and report back thanks :)