Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB676 NTF 6 String bass -ANOTHER PRICE DROP - £400 posted...
£450

ken_white

Hi,

This is my first sale on BC, so if I've done anything wrong please let me know :-)

Right, my beloved Six string bass is now going up for grabs, I know some of my friends will be mad for me selling this, but its got to go...

Since I've owned this bass it's never let me down, it sounds fantastic with a versatile amount of sounds.
I've gigged it a few times, but not heavily.

It has a maple/bubinga neck through design, walnut top with ash wings and a 35" scale.

24 medium frets with a mono-rail bridge

Bartolini 2 active pick ups. This is 18v and requires two pp9 batteries in the back.

I've not long restrung it with Elixir medium strings (130, 105, 80, 65, 45, 35)
I did try some rotosounds swing bass strings but the elixirs sounded far better and they are nicer to play. They also happen to be the strings Ibanez sell them with.

There are a few small dings from being played/gigged but nothing too noticeable.

I currently have strap locks fitted but I do have the original fittings which if you prefer I can refit or I can leave the strap locks fitted and send the originals too..
The case that is shown in the last few photos is a case that I've used but its not the proper hard case from Ibanez but I can include if you need a case..

I'm not looking for trades as I would prefer the cash.

I'm happy for anyone to come view it, I live in yeovil, somerset.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for looking..

Edited by ken_white

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1417342717' post='2619226']
I sold mine last month, a chap who was trying to get the money together to buy mine (but missed out) has been in touch asking if I still had the bass for sale.

I've sent him a link to this listing, he may well be in touch; hope that helps.

Andy
[/quote]

Thanks Andy! I'm surprised these basses aren't more popular haha

If it's any consolation, mine took 4 weeks to sell, and went on eBay for £425 plus £20 shipping, so your pricing is bang on.

I took mine as a trade, and knew it wouldn't go as quickly as a Fender 4 string, but knew they were great basses.

Fantastic 'B' string due to the 35" and the neck through construction.

I would've kept hold of it, but it doesn't fit the motown black suit and tie band I'm in.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

I did see yours for sale, and figured I sould price it similar to yours..
Fenders will always sell quicker than an ibanez, but for the price of these its a lot of bass for the money, and ever since I started playing this everyone has comment on my tone :-)

Would the 4 string btb fit with motown??

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1423265406' post='2683073']
I saw a band tonight where the bassist was using one of these, sounded superb, especially the low B
[/quote]

Yeah, great low B, only just found a comparable one on a 5 string I've just bought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...