Why become a member? ×

Hartke Bass Attack at Thomann

uncle psychosis

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1416104181' post='2606977']
ordered! :)
[/quote]

Lol, good work.

I think you'll like it, I had one and it sounded good but I was only using it as a home practice tool so it fell by the wayside when I got a B3 and started messing around with more sounds. If I was a richer man I'd have kept it around for occasional live use.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1416269706' post='2608639']
Lol, good work.

I think you'll like it, I had one and it sounded good but I was only using it as a home practice tool so it fell by the wayside when I got a B3 and started messing around with more sounds. If I was a richer man I'd have kept it around for occasional live use.
[/quote]

well, I wanted to buy some strings, but it seemed such a hassle to go through the checkout just for a set of strings... but now, with the Hartke pedal added, I could finally order the strings I wanted :lol:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1416274942' post='2608666']
well, I wanted to buy some strings, but it seemed such a hassle to go through the checkout just for a set of strings... but now, with the Hartke pedal added, I could finally order the strings I wanted :lol:
[/quote]

Perfect logic :D

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1416343983' post='2609298']
Perfect logic :D
[/quote]

It makes sense, doesn't it?

It's like that guy who sees a 5p coin on the floor "I'm not bending just to pick 5p!", so he picks a pound coin from his pocket and throws it to the ground "but for £1.05, that's different!" and bends and picks both coins.

:lol:

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1416478529' post='2610542']
I don't need this, because I've just bought a Behringer BDI21 and had a very kind basschatter do the mids mod for me.... But I'm buying one anyway. What is wrong with me?!
[/quote]

:lol: I thought it was just me that did things like that....

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1416681700' post='2612646']
As the thick kid in the class that doesn't know what this is, is it just a preamp, or something more?
[/quote]

Preamp, di box, valve amp emulator sort of, distortion sort of thing.
I had one but didnt get on with it as a preamp.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1416681700' post='2612646']
As the thick kid in the class that doesn't know what this is, is it just a preamp, or something more?
[/quote]

we could tell you, but next thing we know, you'd be wanting to sit in the back of the bus with us! :P

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1416698534' post='2612820']
It does look well made for the price, I was just wondering if it would be worth it as I already have a B3
[/quote]

What would you use it for?

Whilst digital technology these days cover the vast majority of effects [i]very[/i] well, in my experience I still have not come across a digital pedal that can do a drive/distortion/fuzz sound well. So, if that is what sound you would want from it, I would be confident in saying it will add a lot to your B3. However, if you are just looking to use it for EQ purposes, it will likely add little.

Primarily a basic overdrive. The B3 has good effects and already has the DI. I dont actually mind its distortions either but there are times when a 4th thing is needed, so if I could push the overdrive out as something that is going to be on most of the time, I can use the B3 as an effects pedal.

I was going to post about this a while back when i got their latest deals through the post but never got round to it, just put a link in the 'Black Friday' thread on general board but looks like you guys are already on it. I've had a regular black case model for years and never had a problem with it. Won't gig without it and at this price it's too good to pass up for anyone in the market for a reliable tone shape / DI pedal.

Edited by KevB