Why become a member? ×

Hartke Bass Attack at Thomann

uncle psychosis

I don't use its versatility half as much as I probably could. I just found that even with all the knobs, sliders and push button options on my Trace combo I could still get an improved tone with the pedal in place so it just stays there, I don't change the dials unless the room is particularly weird and I keep it on all the time. If I played bigger venues or there was a problem with my rig I'm guessing the DI aspect of it might come into play but not needed it yet.

Well, the strings I'm keeping, but I'm not sure the Bass Attack is for me... I suspect it'll be returned or sold on this forum soon.
The shape knob is just as I remember disliking on a Hartke amp there was at a rehearsal place I used to go to (why was I thinking it'd be different? :lol:) and the harmonics knob doesn't do it for me.
I don't hate it but... I really have no use for it, I don't think. I was hoping it will give me other sounds, I suppose.

Ah well... anybody after a 15-min used Bass Atttack? :lol:

edit: I just contacted Thomann to return it, and keeping the strings ;)

edit2: Thomann are fantastic: they just sent me a label, I pay nothing for the return!

Edited by mcnach

Just used mine for the first time, at rehearsal. What a lovely pedal! I saw a review by a name bassist who said he just used the Shape control so I tried doing that - one of the easiest 'wins' I've ever had with any pedal or effect.

At £38 this is pretty unbeatable.

• 3 weeks later...