Why become a member? ×

15" speaker recommendation

krispn

I use a Faital 15pr400 in a DIY ply cab, similar in size to a Trace 1153 for most gigs and rehearsals. With a GK head or an Ashdown ABM it gets a sound reminiscent of the B15N with a JBL I owned around 10 years ago (i.e prior to being a parent), it gives lots of great low mid growl and punch to get you heard through the band. I'm not going for extreme low end though but that requires bigger gear I think.
I'd stick with the Faital, quite high end gear in my opinion, for what that's worth. Looks like you've got a great cab to me just enjoy it.
Martin

Edited by The fasting showman

Yup no doubt about it being a quality cab - its all wood construction and solid but a doable one man lift etc just asking questions, shooting the breeze :)
The Faital is a great sounding driver in this cab and between my TTE50 and my basswitch It can really punch and growl. I was thinking if I added a second cab would I keep a similar driver or try something different more so than replace what I have - I didn't make that clear in the original post...oops.

Edited by krispn