Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender Roadworn Precision
£700

edpirie

FINAL PRICE DROP £620

Up for sale is a Fender Roadworn Precision in excellent condition, never gigged.

There've been plenty of reviews on here and Talkbass about how good these are to play and what a great vintage vibe they put out. As everyone says, a supremely comfortable neck (no stickiness), and super-resonant body with a full P thump.

I'm in Central London so easy to meet if you can get into town. I'd prefer not to ship as I don't have a hard case for this, just the Fender gig bag it came with, but may consider for the right price.

[attachment=176879:DSC08915.JPG][attachment=176880:DSC08916.JPG][attachment=176881:DSC08917.JPG][attachment=176882:DSC08918.JPG][attachment=176883:DSC08919.JPG][attachment=176884:DSC08920.JPG][attachment=176885:DSC08921.JPG][attachment=176886:DSC08922.JPG][attachment=176887:DSC08923.JPG]

Edited by edpirie

Thanks for the interest, but I'm afraid I can't do trades this time. I'm seriously under having bought my Yamaha TRB 5Pii back off Beedster and so need the cash. I can testify to this being a great bass. The only reason I am culling it is that I have an '82 JV Precision as well, and it just edges it for me, but it was damn close between that and the Roadworn. Really, everything they say about these is true. Trials welcome right next to Waterloo station. I can also send a soundclip if anyone's interested - ropey playing but it'll give you an idea.

I have an '83 JV and a Roadworn and they are equally as fantastic. My Roadworn just edges it for me though- lighter, and more comfortable because of the nitro finish, although the JV sounds a bit more grindy and is slightly better crafted. Both great instruments, couldn't ever sell either. I can get the action on my RW crazy-low with no buzzing and it just resonates like nothing else I've ever played. I love it.

Is your '82 a Fender branded (1st issue) one?

Edited by cameltoe

Hi cameltoe, yes mine's the big Fender logo JV. Agree with all you say about both and I'm loathe to part with either but also have a RW Jazz and now my 5-string Yamaha coming back to a small flat... The main difference is neck profile, my JV has a very slim neck front to back which suits me as a long term J player. That said, I find the RW P easy to get around unlike the Classic 50's P which feels like a real handful to me and rather sticky. Think it must be the RW neck finish which everyone always raves about.

BTW, I think finish on the RW is excellent - the neck pocket is snug as you like which I've tried to show in the photos.

Edited by edpirie

[quote name='edpirie' timestamp='1416645685' post='2612135']
Hi cameltoe, yes mine's the big Fender logo JV. Agree with all you say about both and I'm loathe to part with either but also have a RW Jazz and now my 5-string Yamaha coming back to a small flat... The main difference is neck profile, my JV has a very slim neck front to back which suits me as a long term J player. That said, I find the RW P easy to get around unlike the Classic 50's P which feels like a real handful to me and rather sticky. Think it must be the RW neck finish which everyone always raves about.

BTW, I think finish on the RW is excellent - the neck pocket is snug as you like which I've tried to show in the photos.
[/quote]

I went in the shop to buy a Classic 50 and came out with the RW. I had assumed they would be the same aside from paying extra for Fender to relic it... Couldn't have been more wrong!

I have considered buying a second in sunburst-can't justify it at present otherwise I would consider this. GLWTS

These basses are so comfortable, they feel like you've lived with them forever
more than just a quick relic job, the P neck whilst chunky are some of the nicest I've played
I've just sold my US P as I am so happy with my RW P Bass