Why become a member? ×

I find myself wanting a BC Rich bass.....

Number6

Currently I have three bcr basses- 2 warlocks (one with a reverse headstock) and an ironbird.
I am desperately looking for a blood spattered warlock finish like the one in the god gave rock and roll to you II video, and would early love a mockingbird or wave or eagle come to that!!
I could quite comfortably say I'm a fan!!

Many sneer at these gems, but I love them to bits!!

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1416302891' post='2608750']
Currently I have three bcr basses- 2 warlocks (one with a reverse headstock) and an ironbird.
I am desperately looking for a blood spattered warlock finish like the one in the god gave rock and roll to you II video, and would early love a mockingbird or wave or eagle come to that!!
I could quite comfortably say I'm a fan!!

Many sneer at these gems, but I love them to bits!!
[/quote]

Get some pics up, I wanna see then :)

I remember back in the early 80's, in Ozzy's touring band was the legendary and infamous Don Costa.

He played BC Rich Bichs' and Mockingbirds. He was so far out he was eventually fired by Ozzy as he was so theatrically extreme.
He used to have a cheese grater fixed to the back of his bass and right at the crucial moment, he would spin his bass round and shred his knuckles - I kid you not. There was a now infamous picture of that bass in Kerrang!! at that time.
He was also fond of playing using a pick axe and an ice pick too. He was in other bands , M80, an early version of Great White, WASP etc.
He was a good player but he was just so far out there. To this day, 30 years on, I can never look at a BC Rich bass without thinking of Don and that cheese grater!!

https://metal80.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/cronologia-ozzy-osb-batm-02.jpg

Edited by sixstring

Somewhere around 1990 I was working in a guitar shop and I was asked what my ideal bass would be, basically a black Warlock with the Widow headstock. A couple of years ago, having never even seen one in the flesh, only in magazines and posters, nevermind actually played one, I finally bought one, the Warlock NT, because it was cheap, they didn't even make this model back then, and they don't now, either. I absolutely adore it! It still takes my breath away when I look at it, and it plays and sounds ace.

I had to do some mucking about with the bridge to get the strings at a sinsible height, and I worried about the sound for a while, thinking I was going to have to gut the electrics, but that turned out to be the flatwound strings I put on it, they sounded awful, but it sounds great with roundwounds.

Go for it!

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' timestamp='1416427123' post='2610151']
I've seen the double neck bitch, but I wasn't aware of a double neck mockingbird in association with Derek smalls
[/quote]

Dammit, you're right - Bich it was...