Why become a member? ×

Oversized "inner" hard case...

ShaunB

I'm looking for a hard case for my Parker Fly - it won't fit a standard Fender case or my Gator "generic" case - needs to have a wider inner cut-away - ideas? Know anywhere to get one?

I've posted this on Items Wanted as well...

cheers
Shaun

[quote name='ShaunB' timestamp='1416303023' post='2608753']
I'm looking for a hard case for my Parker Fly - it won't fit a standard Fender case or my Gator "generic" case - needs to have a wider inner cut-away - ideas? Know anywhere to get one?

I've posted this on Items Wanted as well...

cheers
Shaun
[/quote]

Maybe an un-fitted case would be best? Something like this, maybe?

[quote name='StringPing.com' timestamp='1416308617' post='2608828']
Hmm... it's hard to say what would suit. Maybe the best thing is to bring it to your local music shop and see what they can do?
[/quote]

I say old chap, unless we are from the States, we take it to our local music shop :D

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1416309525' post='2608837']
I say old chap, unless we are from the States, we take it to our local music shop :D
[/quote]

Well, I'm Canadian, eh? So, right continent, wrong country, but living here now, so I'll crank up the Bentley and drive down to Absolute, where they'll look at me like I'm an alien... they'll probably be having a "Bring or Take" sale...

;-)

Edited by ShaunB

[quote name='ShaunB' timestamp='1416312178' post='2608870']
Well, I'm Canadian, eh? So, right continent, wrong country, but living here now, so I'll crank up the Bentley and drive down to Absolute, where they'll look at me like I'm an alien... they'll probably be having a "Bring or Take" sale...

;-)
[/quote]

:D

I use one of theses from Protection Racket http://www.protectionracket.com/products/category/bass-guitar (I bought mine from The Gallery £69). They have moveable pads that you can unzip and reshape the innards and then Velcro them in to provide a custom fit.

I reckon that even if Hiscox don't *make* a case specifically for a parker fly bass that they'd make one if you asked. Their customer service is impeccable. I sent them an email asking if it were possible to buy extra padding for a case and two days later an envelope popped through my door full of padding absolutely free of charge!