Why become a member? ×

ordering from Barefaced question/help

artisan

I bought a g3 one from the site about 3 months ago, just as you have experienced, after a week got an email from Alex and had a decent conversation about suitability art what I wanted out of the cab, went and collected it 4 weeks later and saw the setup; three guys working their @rses off :-) I wouldn't worry, but unfortunately it's not like buying from a shop...

Guest monsterthompson

I've ordered twice in the last year (G3 Compact and G3 Midget). The first time, I got plenty of contact and updates. The second time, I had to rattle the cages a little to get updates, but I did get replies. They very recently moved location, and have been dealing with having an employee out due to injury, and are probably working hard to get the new 10" cabs to market. They are undertaking a huge amount of work with a small headcount. All that said, I would bet that your money is safe and your order is being handled. I know it can be a bit spooky ordering from smaller operations. However, IME, Alex is a solid, honest person.

Yup, do not worry - I've bought 2 cabs from them & the comms can be a bit slow / sporadic. If they replied to all the comms they received, they'd never get any cabs built - they are a very small team. It will take 2 - 3 months to get your cab & you won't hear much apart from when it starts production & when it's ready for delivery, but it's definitely worth the wait.

Guest monsterthompson

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1416417378' post='2610011']
Thanks guys,will Alex send me a Meerkat too ? :)

[/quote]

he will check with the Meerkating department.

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1416483893' post='2610630']

I'm looking forward to hearing how well it works with your Duke. Curious how well it will do high volume.
[/quote]
I will be sure to write a review once I have gigged it.
Alex is very sure it will cope fine I will just need to crank my master volume a bit more.
either way my knee will thank me when I sell the NX2-212

Edited by artisan

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1416483893' post='2610630']
I'm looking forward to hearing how well it works with your Duke. Curious how well it will do high volume.
[/quote]

I gigged mine for the first time (the day I received it) in an RAF hangar, on a raised hollow stage, and it was very very good. Had an hour free this morning to play about with EQ and stuff, set it up in the house and didn't touch the settings from where I'd left it at the gig. Hit an open E, everything rattled, stuff fell off shelves, the sofa set off across the floor and the cat f**ked off like a shot.

It was plenty loud enough... :D

Seriously, though: an astonishing 1x12.

For reference, I'd had the Markbass F1 Gain at about eleven o'clock, and the Master just past noon...

Edited by Muzz

[quote name='TPJ' timestamp='1416500595' post='2610940']
Thanks Muzz. It's more the high volume with double bass that has me intrigued.
[/quote]
I would think it'll be good,I have no problem with my 212 so can't see why a 112 would be.
unless you know something about these :)

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1416503179' post='2610974']
I would think it'll be good,I have no problem with my 212 so can't see why a 112 would be.
unless you know something about these :)
[/quote]

I don't know anything :)

After reading Ed F's article on the F112 and how good it is for high volume DB, I'm interested in the alternatives. The BB2 is a contender. I'm also actually wondering about TKS too.