Why become a member? ×

NBD Built from bits PJ

spaners

Got this on gum tree 2 weeks ago for peanuts

Neck like a fiddlers elbow, but I liked the body!
had a MIM jazz neck kicking about so I flatted it back, added a couple of coats of antique pine stain, a few coats of clear lacquer and a new decal that I printed myself. fitted her out with all black hardware. A new pickguard and trick stacked control pots ala 61/62 jazz. Note the new old stock Mullard tropical fish caps 0.047 for the P pickup and 0.033 for the J pick up. Put it all together on Friday (was a quiet day at work)
So here she is, Maggie (after my mum)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4VlHjMr.jpg[/IMG]

And with my PB62PF

Originally I was going to get some Fender originals to put in but she sounds fantastic with the old Squier pickups with about the same output as my P. Got her set up lower than snakes nuts. Cant put this lady down !

Strings are Picato nylon tape wound flats
Tuners are Wilkinson
Schaller strap locks
4 ply W/B/W/B high gloss pickgaurd
Fender CTS Dual concentric pots 250k/500k
Mullard tropical fish caps 0.047 and 0.033
Gotoh bridge and knobs

Edited by spaners

Total outlay is just under £180 (not including the neck, taken from a bass I put a maple neck on and still didn't like LOL)
And I got the gig bag in the deal for the squire too.
How you getting on with your new basses Discreet ? I really fancy the black one on Classic and cool, Mike has made me a good offer on my Landing L1.

Edited by spaners

[quote name='spaners' timestamp='1416353402' post='2609426']
How you getting on with your new basses Discreet ? I really fancy the black one on Classic and cool...
[/quote]

Enjoying them greatly, thanks! :) That Spector Legend Custom neck-through on Classic & Cool is a good thing. It'll have the passive EMG-HZs and B30 9V active tone circuit (vol, vol, mid, stacked bass & treble) - which my early Legend 5 has - and it sounds lush. :)