Why become a member? ×

Sorted - Light and cheapish cabs to pair with a MarkBass LM3.

Shockwave

Hi guys.

As much a I would like to push my budget and get some full on Markbass travellers. I am struggling to put the money together.

Out of the current linesups of lightweight cabs from GK/TC etc which would replicate the Markbass cab tone better if any? Is there anything else I should be considering?

Really looking for something that can bring that modern funk sound. Will also be using it with a VT Bass deluxe for the more rocky trebley grindy gigs. Weight limit is 15KG.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1416472787' post='2610471']
When I had my LM2 I used it with 2 Aguilar GS112 cabs. That was a fantastic sounding rig. I only sold the cabs to go to a 410.

Isn't there a pair of those cabs in the classifieds?
[/quote]

Yes. But I cant afford those. Budget is around 400 Max. One cab solution preferable. I can buy a second when my outlook is better.

And yes 15lbs was a typo. I meant KG. Cheers!

Ahh. I ended up pushing the boat out and got a Markbass 102P and 121H at Wunjos. They mixed well together and the 12 just gave me the low end, where the 15 sounded a bit indistinct and was a bit too heavy. Managed to get the 102P home by itself hand carrying. So its just about OK enough on Public transport.

Edited by Shockwave