Why become a member? ×

P with two split coils, one at the neck?

Romeo2

well it sounded alright, I guess, it occasionally sounded a bit muddy but I think it's just how the FOH decided it should sound. Quite a good band btw, interested to see how they develop.

Having said that, the band after this one had a classic P and it sounded proper! (But with their own sound guy behind the FOH board though...)

Edited by Romeo2

One wonders about the wisdom of having one split-P set in the usual position, one right up by the neck and yet another by the bridge... woof, woof! An interesting experiment that I must one day conduct. First I need to find a deserted castle on a mountainside...
Bwa-ha-ha-haahh! *cue FX: thunder and lightning*

Edited by discreet

Having a P-pup at the bridge is definitely a good option. It works well on its own (Vox Standard) and gives extra attack when used with a P-pup in the normal position.

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering what it would sound like with a P pup at the bridge, and a J at the neck. [b]:[/b]wanders off to look for a castle near [u]discreet[/u][b]:[/b]

Edited by alyctes

I love a dual P set up, much more robust sounding and full than a a P/J IMO and I once converted a Roadworn P to a double P but, as seems conventional, the added pickup was at the bridge end. An additional P in the neck position is certainly unusual but Billy Sheehan's monster 'bucker is up against the fretboard and he gets a pretty good tone in combination with a 'normal' position P and Lee Sklar's Frankenstein had two P pickups very wide apart with one very north.