Why become a member? ×

Bryan Adams, Manchester this Sunday, anyone else ??

tonybassplayer

Wife's birthday pressie from April and really looking forward to it.

Saw him a few times a few years ago and not since Slade have I have ever seen a pro band playing with such enthusiasm and having as much fun as the audience.

Loads of hits, some I love and one or two not as keen but they will be good in a live packed arena.

Apparently playing the whole of Reckless the breakthrough album plus a few favourite covers.

Not going to suit everyone but a few hours watching a multi million single and album seller with another 8,000 people should make it a good night.

My wife has never seen him live, I think she is in for a treat.

Anyone else going ??

I saw him do an acoustic set - sometimes with piano player, sometimes not and just on his own - a few weeks ago locally at what would be, for him, a small venue - the Cliffs Pavilion in Southend. Seemed rude not to go when such a big name was playing there, even though I wouldn't call myself a fan by any means. I left the gig feeling I'd seen someone with exceptional talent. He was confident, relaxed, had great vocals, excellent stage presence and managed to put in enough light and shade with just a guitar and piano to make the night fly past. Strangely it was some of my least favourite Bryan Adams tunes that I enjoyed most on the night. I still have no inclination to see him with his band but he has gone up hugely in my estimation.

I think if you like the band and the tunes you'll be in for a superb night.

Loved Reckless & Cuts Like a Knife when they first came out, All great songs and no filler on them albums, After that it all seemed to go down hill a bit with the Robin Hood Song ect.

Is he still playing bass in the band setting? Last time I saw him he played a White P into a White VBA Stack wearing white cloths, very cool .

I was at the Nottingham show last week. You're in for a treat.

The whole band were absolutely stunning for the whole show.

Played Reckless in full, then some hits, then some obscure back catalogue stuff, then some covers, then a few more crowd pleasing favourites to close.

No Mr Adams on bass this time :(

I thought it was a very good night but it was somewhat overshadowed by the Volbeat show that I went to the following night.

Enjoy

Bryan Adams is one if those artists.... Doesn't matter what you put in his hands, or what you get him to play, he will have the crowd up and moving. Not saying I'm a massive fan, but I saw savage garden once and they were amazing (hangs head in shame) although I got them free through work. sadly enough, I think I would pay money to see him play, and I'd fancy it would be cheaper than the £150 I've just paid for two tickets to the foo fighters!!

Edited by Damonjames

I've seen him numerous times down the years, and he's always outstanding. First time was in the states in the late 80s in San Francisco, and I've also caught the acoustic shows and the stadium gigs. He's a great live act, and always mixes it up a bit - opened one stadium gig with just himself playing an acoustic version of Cuts like a knife, on a tiny stage in the centre of the auditorium, with the house lights up. He had everyone singing, and just as it hit the third chorus, house lights down, stage sheet stripped down and the full band and lighting rig kicked in - great showmanship. They played for 2 hours - all the hits, and you forget how many great songs he's got. Keith Scott is a very fine guitar player too, and BA has some fantastic guitars - including some beautiful old semis, which he still gigs.

The band are all excellent players and Norm Fisher has had the bass gig since 2002. He's from Adams' home town and they've probably known, or known of each other for years. I'd agree with the point about them still playing bars, even if they had not made it big - they just like to rock out, and they stil play with enthusiasm and a real sense of fun : no corporate rock.

You'll have a great time and I wish I was going!

Interesting insight into his gear here - he collects original 1960s AC30s, and pays top dollar for them I believe - and gigs them. Controlled at the side of the stage by his tech, with dummy amps on the back line.

http://www.18tilidie.co.uk/gigs/pluggedin/putshowtogether/instruments/guitars/guitars.htm

Edited by The Admiral

[quote name='The Admiral' timestamp='1416615772' post='2612064']

The band are all excellent players and Norm Fisher has had the bass gig since 2002. He's from Adams' home town and they've probably known, or known of each other for years. I'd agree with the point about them still playing bars, even if they had not made it big - they just like to rock out, and they stil play with enthusiasm and a real sense of fun : no corporate rock.

http://www.18tilidie.co.uk/gigs/pluggedin/putshowtogether/instruments/guitars/guitars.htm
[/quote]

Wonder what a Fender Percussion Bass Sounds Like?

Gong hanging from Headstock...Lol