Why become a member? ×

How about a new section to the forum to discuss music ?

ambient

Not our personal music, but music that we come across ?

We are all musicians after all, and probably listen to an awful lot of it between us over the course of a week.

There's so much music out there, probably more than there has ever been before at any point in history.

The problem is finding it.

I've come across a couple of guys on here due to my particular tastes in music, they've just been chance things, and we exchange PM's etc.

So it maybe be a way to make new friendships ?

I personally discovered 2 great new ambient music composers yesterday, the guy who's my dissertation supervisor introduced them to me.

Edited by ambient

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1416570615' post='2611525']
Isn't there a long running 'what are you listening to now?' thread?
[/quote]

That quickly gets pushed down the general discussion forum, and lost. Plus your postings quickly get lost amongst the others.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1416570776' post='2611527']
That quickly gets pushed down the general discussion forum, and lost. Plus your postings quickly get lost amongst the others.
[/quote]

You could ask the mods to "pin" the forum and then "follow" any postings you are interested in.

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1416575480' post='2611614']
You could ask the mods to "pin" the forum and then "follow" any postings you are interested in.
[/quote]

'Pinning' wouldn't help; all that's required is to 'follow' the topic, with one of the options ('Instantly' etc...), and be sure that the Notifications Options in 'My Settings' are ticked for either 'Email' or 'Notification List' (or both..!). Any future posts to the topic will thus be brought to your attention.
Hope this helps.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1416570371' post='2611518']
Not our personal music, but music that we come across ?

We are all musicians after all, and probably listen to an awful lot of it between us over the course of a week.

There's so much music out there, probably more than there has ever been before at any point in history.

The problem is finding it.

I've come across a couple of guys on here due to my particular tastes in music, they've just been chance things, and we exchange PM's etc.

So it maybe be a way to make new friendships ?

I personally discovered 2 great new ambient music composers yesterday, the guy who's my dissertation supervisor introduced them to me.
[/quote]Great idea. Sorely needed.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1416576304' post='2611621']

'Pinning' wouldn't help; all that's required is to 'follow' the topic, with one of the options ('Instantly' etc...), and be sure that the Notifications Options in 'My Settings' are ticked for either 'Email' or 'Notification List' (or both..!). Any future posts to the topic will thus be brought to your attention.
Hope this helps.
[/quote]

I personally find the notification list on any of my mobile devices absolutely useless. Tap on notifications and it won't load, it just hangs. I've never been able to access the list on the mobile site...and i don't want email notifications they just clog up my in box.

Even on the desktop site the notification list can take ages to load.

(and that's on a mac, pc using various browsers, the experience is the same).

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1416594510' post='2611809']
I personally find the notification list on any of my mobile devices absolutely useless. Tap on notifications and it won't load, it just hangs. I've never been able to access the list on the mobile site...and i don't want email notifications they just clog up my in box.

Even on the desktop site the notification list can take ages to load.

(and that's on a mac, pc using various browsers, the experience is the same).
[/quote]

And also you'd be getting notifications about postings you maybe weren't interested in anyway.

A separate forum thing, there'd be headings from posters as to the genre etc.

:)