Why become a member? ×

Robert Plant Wolverhampton tonight.

seashell

Doubt I've ever been a perfect anything in my life but yes, always on best behaviour when out with fellow bc'ers. The gig was rather good, as hopefully any other of our bretherin who were there will confirm. The old black country fella can still knock out a surprisingly good quality vocal when the mood takes him. Speaking of vocals, the girl fronting the support band (The Last Internationale) has some admirable pipes on her too.

Yes, a great gig. I hope Kev thought it worth his marathon drive through 3 major Midland cities in the middle of the Friday rush hour. It was dark, it was pouring with rain. I wish I could add 'and we were wearing sunglasses' , but we weren't quite that cool.
Anyway, my admiration for the amazing Mr Plant remains undimmed. Voice still sounds great. He just doesn't go for the high notes any more, so the old LedZep classics have been totally 'reimagined' (Sorry if anyone wants to slap me for using that word, but I couldn't think of anything more apt).
Wish I could have seen more of the bass player, but he was mostly obscured by a large Berk in front of me jumping about in a kagoul.

And as Kev says, the support band were also rather good. Front woman played bass as well as sang leads and looked very cool. Another role model! :-)

I caught the Plant juggernaut as it swept through Belfast last night, and I can happily confirm all the praise it's been getting here - Percy was in great form, and his band were superb. The support band were The Last Internationale, the new group from RATM/Audioslave drummer Brad Wilk, and they did indeed rock :)

My only 2 gripes with The Last Internationales was that (at Wolverhampton at least) the bass was way too loud in the mix and was all bottom end, didn't sound at all representative of the tone on the album and they didn't do the first song off the latest album which is probably the best song on it.