Why become a member? ×

SOLD Akai Unibass
£210

Kiwi

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've decided to embark on a rationalisation of my purchases over the last 10 years as the cash is needed for another aspiration. [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Akai made some outstanding pedals in the mid 90's for bass including the Deep Impact, Headrush and Unibass.[/size][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]This pedal basically gives you the sound of bass plus an octave shifted tone and an additional 4th or 5th note on top of the octave. It's possible to distort the shifted notes for power chord type sounds. Or you can select guitar solo only for those unrestrained moments of Wimbishness. It's possible to do something similar with multi effects units but it takes a lot of processing power and effects stages.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]Features include:[/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]Octave shift plus an additional shifted 4th or 5th.
[*][size=4]The shifted notes can be selected separately[/size]
[*]The shifted notes can be sent to separate amps
[/list]
User manual is available here:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/207377/Akai-Unibass-Ub1.html

[size=4]The science bit:[/size]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No trades. I really need the cash for a non bass related purchase.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]First person with the money gets the pedal. A 10% deposit to secure the amp is absolutely OK if you need to raise funds to purchase so long as the balance is paid within 30 days. Otherwise you risk losing the deposit.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If it doesn't sell on here within 4 or so weeks, it will be sold on commission through a selected bass retailer. So the cost of commission will be added to the cost of the pedal.[/font][/color]

Postage or collection is possible. Postage cost is additional to the asking price...allow about £10 but I'll need to confirm depending on your address and budget.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am quite interested in this pedal. I have a few questions though.
Any historical details about it?? How long you've had? Has it been serviced/broken before?? etc etc
Does it come with its original box and power cable??
The odd question: Whats its dimensions?? Curious if it'll fit my pedal board lol

Is there a possibility to come and try it out first?? I'd prefer to pick it up and pay cash in hand??
Some time this week perhaps??

cheers

[quote name='Budaman' timestamp='1422970041' post='2678957']
Is there a possibility to come and try it out first?? I'd prefer to pick it up and pay cash in hand??
Some time this week perhaps??

cheers
[/quote]

Hi there :) I bought the pedal off Ebay without a box but with a US power supply about 7 years ago. It's never been gigged or had any kind of issue and is in fantastic condition. A 9v adapter will be included.

Dimensions are: 140 (W) x 175 (D) x 61 (H)mm

You're welcome to come and try it out this week if you can make it before the weekend. Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.