Why become a member? ×

Enfield Basses ?

Drax

GAS leak again. After some excellent luthier work from the very lovely Sims in Ashford, I'm interested in thier Enfield basses (the Avenger specificially), where they've created from scratch the 'all things to all men' pick up config, with accompanying traffic lights..

Anyone out there have any experience with Enfield ?

Edited by DanR

No problem with the build quality... as you'd expect from Sims, but
I don't like the pick-up block. It works well and sounds good but it
just unbalances the look of the bass.
If I wanted a P or a MM, I would have one so I guess that puts me
out of the reckoning as I don't need the whole concept of one pickup doing it
'all'

The finish looks impeccable in the flesh / wood so to speak. Agree the look is an acquired taste.

Part of the appeal is their uniqueness, never seen an Avenger live (which is a shame really). I think for me part of the pull is flying the flag for a great UK (and local to me at least) luthier - he deserves to succeed with these.

Billy Apple here's the link > http://www.enfieldguitars.com/

Whatever the original model is called. I tried several at the London Guitar Show when they were first released, and again later in the year at the Birmingham show. All the basses had exactly the same profile, although it wasn't as pronounced on the 5-string models it was still too v-shaped for me otherwise I might have bought one.

I m a fan of the Enfield s. I have an Avenger 5.string and would like a Canon if I had the cash.
Personally no problems with the neck. I 've always resisted 5 strings but with this bass have been very comfortable.
Tonal range is outstanding and pretty much anything you'd want at your fingertips.