Why become a member? ×

3rd gig in a row without a Stingray!

stingrayPete1977

Little pub gig tonight, minimum kit required so eub instead of DB, 1x12 cab, only one mackie pa cab as a monitor, one led par light and no stands for anything. As I'm not taking a spare elec bass and my Jazz is still the new toy it will be 3 in a row, I took a Ray to the last two gigs as they were function band gigs with no upright bass but I didnt use them!

New username time, JazzPete1977? :o lol

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1416679450' post='2612612']
Yep, Stingrays are unplayable junk, weak G strings, dirty raw unfinished maple necks, one trick pony and even then only a good trick if you are Bernard Edwards in the first place, :lol:
[/quote]
I agree, I'll swap you a Squire Jazz for one of your MM's. I don't actually have a Jazz at the moment but I'll nip out and buy one :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1416679450' post='2612612']
Yep, Stingrays are unplayable junk, weak G strings, dirty raw unfinished maple necks, one trick pony and even then only a good trick if you are Bernard Edwards in the first place, :lol:
[/quote]

At last, you've got it :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1416690599' post='2612735']

I agree, I'll swap you a Squire Jazz for one of your MM's. I don't actually have a Jazz at the moment but I'll nip out and buy one :)
[/quote]
I think normal stingray use will resume for at least some of the set from the next gig, I'm starting to miss the kick the Rays give!

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1416697225' post='2612803']

At last, you've got it :lol: :lol:
[/quote] Well when you look at it again, all mine are 5s that dont have the weak G string and my ClassicRay has a lacquered vintage tint finish, and its all in the fingers anyway so I will be back on the Rays soon :D

My ears are tuned to a juicy humbucker tone and an active preamp after all these years I'd say.