Why become a member? ×

Complete Rig Change @ Wunjos.

Shockwave

I have already sung the praises of Tom and Laurence at Wunjos a few times. The only shop that can get me to part with my money for new gear.

My band have finally started to get some gigs. All I had was a GK Backline 12 combo which would never have hacked it in a stoner rock band. Also I have been getting involved in some high end funk and jazz with gospel influences which needed some serious low end.

Ended up trying Markbass. I had heard them before and didn't think they were for me, but gave it another shot in a new light. I love muted notes on these amps! They gave me cleans like nothing else. I plugged my VT Bass deluxe into the return socket and got bags of overdrive with none of the hifi cleans of the preamp. So ultimately it was going to work with both the rock stuff and Funk stuff.

So I purchased the MarkBass LM3 off of here. Went to Wunjos and ABed the travellers cabs against eachother. I came out with both the 121H and 102P. Bags of low end and I could really crank it in the shop on an early Sunday morning. I could have got the 151P, But actually preffered the 121H's low end and horn.

I also liked the bass I was playing and ordered the 4 string two tone sunburst version of it. The bass was a Fender Modern Player Jazz, which I thought really sung through the Markbass gear real good variation in tones in what is only a passive bass. The neck humbucker reminded me of my old Gibson Grabber which I miss terribly and my band mates loved the tone of, so this should be a decent relacement. Wunjos did me a good deal on the Markbass cabs, Threw in some strings and leads and they even ordered in two Fender Modern Player Jazz's so I can take the lightest one out of the two when they come in! (I was really impressed with that!)

Need to pick it all up later in the week, but I am very excited! Hopefully my Lettsbass 6 string will come through soon and I can get some funky Low B gospel on the go as well.

Now I need a trolley for the cabs...

Edited by Shockwave