Why become a member? ×

its arrived fender p j bass special from thoman

afterimage

[attachment=177369:IMG_

20141124_145557.jpg

][attachment=177370:IMG_20141124_145557.jpg]

Wow this bass is very light arrived this morning I always shyed away from p basses because a few I played felt
Like a plank of wood. Lovely finish on it vintage. But It sure it can get easily marked as it a hand finished wood stain the tone from this is amazing. Jazz bridge is excellent spit coil wonderful sound .reason for getting this bass is I have enrolled to scotts bass academy and love his vintage p bass sound I have two jazz basses which I love so this will give a lot of versatility brilliant tones from it

Edited by afterimage

I have to say I am very jealous. Was window shopping that same bass last week. GuitarGiitar have a lovely looking FSR Pbass coming in too and love the look of that also. Hope it is still around when I am shopping next feb.

Anyway, yours looks lovely in the Thomann pics and the neck is a perfect width ( for my hands anyway). Hope you get on with it.

Pics!

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1416927451' post='2615118']
That does look like a lovely bass.....or will do with a different pick guard :-).

I wonder how this stacks up against the Squier VM PJ.
[/quote]

The model is basically a Fender American Special specific to Thomann.

Edited by walbassist

I used to have one of the older US models from around 2003 with the double humbucker at the bridge end, great piece of bassery. Go easy with that mid boost on the end knob though, it can get a bit overpowering. It's now with another bc'er who apparently is very happy with it.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1417076214' post='2616764']
Have you looked on Thomanns website? That seems an obvious start to me ;-)
[/quote]

Yes, but that's not the point! a NBD thread should have at least ONE decent pic of the bass in question!!
That's what my control-freak's OCD-type brain is telling me, anyway! ;)