Why become a member? ×

Best all-in-one EQ, DI, Drive

cameltoe

[quote name='Lw.' timestamp='1418298821' post='2628889']
Thanks for the feedback.

Excuse my ignorance but what's the problem with 18v power? having to use an extra plug or does it cause issues elsewhere?
[/quote]

No problem as such I just wanted a very simple & compact pedal board so I now stick to Boss 9v type pedals.

Guest FretNoMore

18V is mainly an inconvenience since you need a power supply with multiple voltages (or use several power supplies). There is another way though, you can use a voltage doubler, like one of these, for the pedal(s) that need 18V:

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/godlyke-power-all-accessories/iso-pump-voltage-converter

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dvc-18

Edited by FretNoMore

[quote name='Ben Jamin' timestamp='1418088763' post='2626816']
Aguilar Tonehammer has a great sound. The drive control has a really nice warm break-up, unlike the nasty top-end fizz from a lot of other pedals/amps. :)

And mostly importantly - sweepable mid frequency! The single most useful thing on a pre-amp that lots of others lack. Really useful for finding booming low mids and cutting them or adding a bit of punch in just right spot. :)
[/quote]

Agree. I use the 500 watt head, and the pedal when using provided rigs, so I can still get my sound easily. Really nice break-up, and the gain/drive work really well together .

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1418304475' post='2628966'] Those probably aren't suitable for DHA 12v pedals though, I doubt they're rated to provide enough current so you might fry them! [/quote]

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1418306002' post='2628982'] Good point, the doublers are more suitable for pedals with a low current draw. [/quote]

Gig Rig Doubler goes up to 300mA

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1418304475' post='2628966']
Those probably aren't suitable for DHA 12v pedals though, I doubt they're rated to provide enough current so you might fry them!
[/quote]
My pedals run at 9-12VDC not 18V, 18 V would damage them